(Content moved from my 2016 archive).
Hello I am fairly new to editing Wikis but recently gained the A Hero's Welcome Achievement and wanted to share my strategy. I thought it was very well organized and even had the country flag links to each mentioned country. It was deleted by SolSys and the only reason why it was deleted was a comment that he was (Not Amused). I really don't understand why this was done and when I tried to restore the guide it was taken down again. If there's an issue I'll fix it, but it seems counter-to what you guys should be doing considering it was a guide for a new formable nation an accompanying achievement. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Steve711 (talk) 10:26, 3 December 2017 (CET)
- Please don't post on my archive, this is my talk page and I'll get an alert when you post here. We have the job you claim however we also have to enforce the style guide and the country style guide and ensure that the content added is easy to read. SolSys was not amused because you had a repeating pair of paragraphs and an overflow of flags. If I take a cursory look at the your edit then it needs correcting on the following points.
- Use of you/your: Please change to third person (137 times)
- Use of slang/ internet speak: Please correct to full English sentences
- Bad grammar/spelling: Please correct it
- Prescriptive instructions: Make more generic
- The wiki used third person informal register, this edit does not
- Repetitive strategy sections: Merge into relevant up to date strategy (Two whole paragraphs)
- Absence of links: Links missing or replaced by bold or italics which do not function (Lots of flags but no links to other mechanics or other pages)
- Left the strategy marker in place
- Removed structure from the page (box wrappers)
- Hence the edit was reverted. If you want to work on the guide on your userpage then I can copy it across for you. I hope this explains the decisions made. Thanks, Dauth (talk) 11:22, 3 December 2017 (CET)
Hi, I'm Mailman9 using a different IP address. My account was automatically blocked for, as best as I can tell, editing my sandbox page. The reason for my block was "Common vandalism #3" whatever that means. I'm coming to you since you were the last mod to talk to me. I was hoping you could unblock me? If I was doing anything wrong let me know. 184.108.40.206 04:22, 19 January 2018 (CET)