The cossacks is the 7th expansion for EU4. It was announced on 2015-10-15. The release date is unannounced, but is expected to be before the end of 2015. The expansion will coincide with Patch 1.14.
- New diplomatic options: let the world know what you think of your neighbours by setting a public attitude to foreign powers.
- Tell the world what you want: designate neighbouring provinces as “places of interest”, build trust with other nations, and entice allies with the promise of land for their support.
- Tengri: Tengri is now a syncretic faith, allowing it to tolerate a secondary religion as if it were a national faith.
- Horde unity and razing: nomadic nations now must pay attention to the horde unity of their tribes – a unity that can only be maintained by the occasional pillaging
- Improved culture change: you can now restore a previous culture to a converted province, or convert a province you hold to a culture that is not your own.
- Native policies: set your policy for colonial encounters with natives. Are you focused on quick subjugation, peaceful growth or trading advantages?
- Improved espionage: new spy actions allow you to study the technology of more advanced countries and prod your rivals’ subjects towards independence.
- New diplomatic feedback: select provinces of interest, manage opinions, and a new trust and favorus mechanic.
- Revanchism: allowing a nation to survive a loss and live to fight another day
- A whole random new world: requires Conquest of paradise
- Updated nation designer
- Victory cards: another way to gain score in a game
- New areas and regions which give a better naming scheme for conquered lands
A list of the devoloper diaries for The cossacks can be found here.