Return to "England" page.
C - This article is considered a C-class article on the wiki quality scale
Napoleon Complex: I've worked on the guide; it's no longer a mistake-ridden mess. Hopefully it's helpful.
Napoleon Complex: Was my guide removed from this for any particular reason?
- I know nothing about a guide, but if you want to sign your entries, added ~~~~ at the end :). Dutchling (talk) 15:50, 25 September 2013 (CEST)
- No idea why some guy removed it. I've restored it now. The strategy section needs a lot of rewriting to fulfill the style standards of the wiki though. ~ Meneth (talk) 16:21, 25 September 2013 (CEST)
- Thanks. I've looked over the guidelines for style and it does need work; I'm going to review it today when I get home. Napoleon Complex Timestamp 1010 GMT
Strategy guides to integrateEdit
10/8/13 Update! I found bothe strategy A and B To work well on easy setting with player advantage. However, if playing on ironman mode neither will work. I managed to win the war after more than several attempts, but after the most recent patch, you are unable to call. Any allies into the battle successfully. I won alone with hit and run tactics, blockades and a tremendous amount of luck. The terrain bonuses and generals play a huge factor. - Comment by 188.8.131.52 moved from the main article
- Napoleon Complex: Well it was good while it lasted. Time to can Strategy A then? (14:05 GMT)
I found the beginner's strategy guide for England (Giving up France) to be quite helpful. I did note that France is generally willing to accept peace with England still holding one continental territory. I suggest that keeping that and selling it back to them later might be a better strategy.
The current strategy guide...Edit
It's a wonderful collection of tips, but this seems more like merely a bunch of tips, and not an actual strategy guide. Keeping flexible is good, but it is very different from what I've read of most of the other strategy guides, where it gives a bit less.. uncertainty.
I think it'd be excellent for a player who knows what they're doing, but a newer one -- Which I see looking into these guides more? Tad bit of confusion, wouldn't you think?
- I agree. It's not really all that well organized either. It should cover the early game in more detail at least, as there's essentially only one valid strategy there; any England player will want to form Great Britain. ~ Meneth (talk) 19:01, 17 November 2013 (CET)
I somehow got france to try and annex my province in ireland after they completely sieged my french provinces (maybe my military presence in england was too scary for them)
after that I just took loans when necessary to fund my army while very painstakingly altering my troops's path to lock their main army in a never ending movement cycle while I sieged provinces elsewhere
This strategy no longer works. The section where it tells you to individually call in allies and they "should accept" does not work. They will still have a -1000 debuff to prevent them joining you. 184.108.40.206 16:00, 6 April 2014 (CEST)
"Question of attrition"Edit
Where the guide says, "I can't 100% confirm this but I don't actually think you take attrition as long as you don't siege (i.e keep them moving)." I think this is false. Attrition is attributed on the first of the month so if you happen to be in a province that can handle your stack on that date then you will not get attrition, no matter where you moved through previously. Does that sound about right?
"Alternative Strategy: Peace & Progress in France (1444)"Edit
"Immediately end war with France by taking out a rather large number of loans to pay France with, ending the war with no land loss." - Can't be done. Will just cause "-1000 wants concession other than gold". Also, the "Alternative strategy" that mentions calling in allies after declaring war on Irelan also got patched to no longer work, so that also doesn't work. 220.127.116.11 10:59, 15 July 2014 (CEST)
Which Patch removed -10/-20% accepted culture threshold from national traditions?Edit
Which Patch removed -10/-20% accepted culture threshold from national traditions? Imho, -10 or -20 % accepted culture threshold is much better than +33% Embargo efficiency, and I wonder, which patch changed this. I could only figure out that the accepted culture threshold was increased from -10% to - 20% in patch Patch 1.8. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Zara1709 (Talk) 05:44, 11 July 2015 (CEST)
Below is a a description of rewrites, where the page has been tagged delete the comments not needed and add in any special instructions.
- Use of first person: Please change to third person
- Use of you/your: Please change to third person
- Use of slang/ internet speak: Please correct to full English sentences
- Prescriptive instructions: Make more generic
- Excessive use of bold/capitals: Use italics instead for emphasis, if emphasis is not needed then remove is
- List: Reformat into prose (a listed ideas section is acceptable)
- Repetitive strategy sections: Merge into relevant up to date strategy
- Absence of links: Links missing or replaced by bold or italics which do not function
- Poor sectioning: Article should be broken up into easy to understand sections
- Version specific strategy: Update to fit current version or delete