- is Pegu.
Pegu Start Position
Pegu start in a challenging position. Bordered by Ayutthaya, who almost always rival you, and have, when including their vassals Ligor and Sukhothai, the ability to command an army with more than 2 times your force limit, and total developement more than 3 times your own. This makes initial alliances especially important. Look at Ayutthaia's rivals, which are usually three of Khmer, Malacca, Pasai, Bengal, Lan Xang and Dai Viet. Look at all of those nations rivals also, and determine if you can form a alliance block against Ayutthaia. This can be challenging if two of Ayutthaia's other rivals, are in turn also rivaling each other.
Probable expansion for Pegu will be towards the North at least up until a border with Bengal is reached. If Taungu is rivaled first, it may be possible to get a mission granting a claim on them, allowing a DOW before they gather any allies. At this point the most sensible subsequent expansion, into either Ava, Arakan, Lan Na, or Hsenwi will be largely dictated by the alliances which have formed, and rivalries which exist. Taking advantage of rivalries to call allies into wars promising land is advised, as it allows fast expansion, and a larger ally is a more powerful ally to help protect you from Ayutthaia.
Ways of Increasing Sailors
There are three main ways of increasing sailors.
1. Take mostly provinces which produce sailors. This will generally mean expanding along the coasts of the world. There are plenty of coastal provinces to colonize so take Exploration ideas early(first).
2. Building buildings which increase sailors. Building the Dock and Drydock buildings within your provinces increase the local sailors of those provinces, by +50% and +100% respectively. This will require having unlocked the technology levels at which these buildings become available, which are Diplomatic Techs 8 and 24 respectively.
3. Taking Ideas which increase sailors. The 2nd Maritime Idea Group Idea, Merchant Marine, grants a global sailor increase modifier of +50%.
4. Taking The Recruitment Act Policies (Maritime ideas + Economic ideas) gives You +10% National sailors modifier
5. Form Netherlands. Netherlands have +25% sailor as Tradition. Will need to conquer Dutch culture provinces, make them states and move capital to culture shift.