This event starts the Protestant Reformation, i.e. the Protestant faith in the game is enabled.
The Protestant Reformation
Please help with verifying or updating this infobox. It was last verified for version 1.31.
Thoughts of disapproval against the Roman Catholic Church are spreading across Europe as a result of the increasing corruption of monks and clerics. Voices are raised questioning the current principles and greed of the Church. A monk in $CAPITAL$ has for some time expressed deep concerns and is now openly declaring his discontent with the Church, paving the way towards a reformation of the faith.
The Reformation has not started yet.
|Mean time to happen
Only time will tell what this might bring
The country gets the flag protestant_reformation.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- The script code of this event can be found in .
- I.e. the Protestant religion is not enabled. It is enabled by this event or in campaigns started after the 31st of October 1517.
- This means: it is in Europe; it is Catholic, Protestant, or Reformed; it is not Rome; it is connected by land and straits to the capital; it is not already a center of reformation; it is not a one-province island with no straits; it is not currently expelling minorities; it has at least 10 development; it does not neighbour another center of reformation; it is not in the same area as a center of reformation of the same religion; its climate is not Arctic, Arid, or Tropical; and its terrain is not Coastline, Coastal Desert, Steppe, Desert, or Glacier.
- I.e. the Protestant religion is enabled.
- the only effect is that an AI with that flag won't enact the decision Embrace the Counter-Reformation unless they are emperor of the HRE