Lions of the North
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Release date / Patch
Store: Immersion pack
Release date / Patch
2022-09-13 / 1.34
Store: Immersion pack
Lions of the North is the 5th immersion pack for Europa Universalis IV. It was announced on 2022-08-25 and was released alongside patch 1.34 on 2022-09-13.
Expansion features[edit | edit source]
Lions of the North adds new mission trees and historical options for a number of Baltic Sea nations. Many of these options include new “branching missions” which allow greater variety and replayability as you explore different alternate histories through the decisions you make.
- New mission trees for:
- Denmark: The leader of the Kalmar Union desires unity in the kingdom and can pursue commercial and political dominance of the Hansa and Northern Sea trade regions.
- Sweden: A major power in waiting, Sweden can claim a primary position in Scandinavia, ready to intervene and project power on the continent.
- Norway: Resist the influence of powerful partners and strike a new path as a naval power in the North Sea or even across the Atlantic.
- Scandinavia: A united northern nation will have a wide range of new options to project its power as the cold lands of the region get more developed.
- Teutonic Order: Once a great Crusader state, now it fights for survival against Polish and Lithuanian pressure. Follow the path to become Prussia, or rediscover the zealous power of religious war.
- Poland, Lithuania and the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth: Unite the kingdoms and develop your vast lands while maintaining cohesion against recalcitrant nobles.
- Livonian Order and Kurland: Follow the path of the Crusader to rival your heretic neighbor or secularize your state.
- Riga: Religious merchant of the Hanseatic League, Riga can manipulate the politics of the trade alliance to instigate conflict and reap the spoils.
- Danzig: Create a Prussian nation from this key city-state.
- Gotland: Choose different paths as a monarchy, merchant republic or pirate haven to dominate the Baltic.
- Finland: A free Finland can explore its destiny separate from Swedish rule.
- Unique Government Reforms: New government reform options for many nations in the area.
- New Unit Types: Recruit Swedish Carolean infantry and Polish-Lithuanian Winged Hussars under certain conditions.
- New Estate Privileges for regional powers.
- New Unit Sprites: 35 new pieces of unit art for Scandinavian and Baltic nations.
- New Music: 3 new Scandinavian themed songs and 3 new Baltic themed songs.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Cinematic trailers[edit | edit source]
Video diaries[edit | edit source]
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Lions of the North immersion pack and patch 1.34 (aka Sweden).
- Patch 1.34 (Sweden)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|21||1.34.5||Minor patch to facilitate the launch of Europa Universalis IV on GOG||2022-11-23|
|20||1.34.4 Sweden is now LIVE!||1.34.4 changelog||2022-10-13|
|19||1.34.3 Sweden Changelog||1.34.3 changelog||2022-09-22|
|18||Post Release & Norse Easter Egg||Questions about Norse content in Lions of the North||2022-09-20|
|17||1.34 Sweden Changelog||1.34 changelog||2022-09-06|
|16||1.34 Achievements||New achievements, modding additions, and idea group changes for patch 1.34||2022-08-09|
|15||Scandinavian Unit Models||Scandinavian Unit Pack reveal||2022-08-02|
|14||1.34 Monuments||Eight new monuments, idea groups and policies rebalance, crownland and government reform progress, government capacity, and other miscellaneous changes for patch 1.34||2022-07-26|
|13||1.34 AI Improvements||AI changes and adjustments for patch 1.34||2022-07-19|
|12||Finland||Mission trees and events for Finland and Lübeck along with updated theocracy reforms||2022-07-12|
|11||Gotland||Mission tree and events for Gotland||2022-07-05|
|10||Commonwealth||Mission trees and events for Poland, Lithuania, and the Commonwealth along with new Winged Hussar units||2022-06-28|
|9||Scandinavia||Mission tree, events, and national ideas for Scandinavia along with updated monarchy and republic reforms||2022-06-21|
|8||Norway||Mission tree and events for Norway||2022-06-14|
|7||The Rise of Sweden||Mission tree and events for Sweden along with new Carolean and Hakkapeliitta units||2022-06-07|
|6||1.34 Denmark||Mission tree, events, and national ideas for Denmark along with new naval doctrines for Rule Britannia owners||2022-05-31|
|5||1.34 Combat||Land combat changes for patch 1.34||2022-05-24|
|4||Riga||Mission tree and events for Riga||2022-05-17|
|3||The Livonian Order||Mission tree and events for the Livonian Order||2022-05-10|
|2||The Teutonic Order||Mission tree and events for the Teutonic Order||2022-05-03|
|1||1.34 Roadmap||Roadmap for development of the next update||2022-04-26|