Picture a capital city that shines like a gemstone, improved by the wealth drawn from the hinterland - decorated by riches demanded from vassals. A capital not of a mighty territorial empire, but of a compact and concentrated state that can still use gold and favors to influence neighbors and rivals. Picture it and then make it so in Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan.
Get new tools to centralize and accumulate power for your country. New diplomatic actions give you the means to go up against mightier counterparts and new economic tools will allow you to establish rich vassal empires that draw wealth and development to your monumental capital city. Leviathan also brings new improvements to other core areas of the game, such as colonies and regencies.
- Ask for Favors: Curry favors with other nations and use them to advance diplomatic goals.
- New Regency Options: Regency councils represent the interests of the most powerful estate, and can be extended to delay the ascension of an unfit monarch.
- Specialized Colonial Nations: Let your colonies focus on military help, trade power or self-government.
- Concentrate Development: You can now steal development from your vassals or territorial possessions to enhance the power of your capital city.
- Pillage Capital: Loot an enemy capital as a condition of peace, hauling development back to the capital metropolis.
- Expand Infrastructure: Provinces can expand their capacity to build new structures and manufactories, allowing smaller nations to create centers of wealth for a modest cost.
- Centralize State: Reduce the cost of government by spending unused Reform points.
- Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a pantheon of past leaders, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.
- Monuments: Expand and establish great projects, adding new bonuses to your empire.
- New Unit Models: New army sprites for Southeast Asian nations, including Indochinese, Indonesian and Polynesian nations.
- And more: Including the ability to carpet siege enemy provinces, draft transports as a plutocratic nation, watch heirs gain legitimacy as they wait to inherit the throne and other changes.
The free major update includes:
- Rework of North American natives mechanics (reworked/expanded feature from Conquest of Paradise expansion).
- Rework to the Southeast Asian and Australasian maps.
- New nations, new cultures and new religions. This fascinating region of powerful monarchs and rich merchants takes on new color and offers new ways to play.
- New idea groups for Theocracy, Steppe Hordes and Natives.
- Huge naval rebalance
- Canal changes
- Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about the Leviathan expansion and patch 1.31. (aka Majapahit).
- Patch 1.31 (Majapahit)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|38||1.31.3 Majapahit is now LIVE!||1.31.3 Changelog||2021-05-12|
|37||1.31.2 Majapahit is now LIVE!||1.31.2 Changelog||2021-05-03|
|36||1.31.1 Majapahit is now LIVE!||1.31.1 Changelog||2021-04-28|
|35||1.31 Patch Notes & The Future of EU4||Bug fix discussion and patch notes||2021-04-20|
|34||War Canoes & Unit Renders||New ship type for tribes and primitives and unit renders for SEA countries||2021-04-06|
|33||Favors Part 2||Seven new favor mechanics and changes to two old favor mechanics||2021-03-30|
|32||Colonial Nations||Variations on colonial nations||2021-03-09|
|31||Centralize State||New Centralize a State Mechanic||2021-03-02|
|30||Concentrate Development||New Concentrate Development Mechanic||2021-02-23|
|29||Australia||An overview of the new missions, provinces, tags, national ideas in Australia; new Alcheringa religion||2021-02-16|
|27||Draft Transports||New "Draft Transports" action; changes about Plutocracies||2021-02-02|
|26||North American Tags||New missions and events for North American tribes||2021-01-26|
|24||Polynesia||An overview of the new tags, missions, mechanics and events for Polynesia.||2021-01-12|
|23||The Philippines||New missions for Tondo, Madyas, and Palembang||2020-12-15|
|22||Grandest LAN Post Mortem||Grandest LAN Event||2020-12-01|
|21||More Missions||continuation on First Nation Missions||2020-11-24|
|20||First Nation Missions||New missions for North American tribes||2020-11-17|
|19||Totemism||New mechanics for Totemism & details on Sikh Guru traits||2020-11-10|
|18||Survey Results||Survey Analytics||2020-11-03|
|17||Governing Capacity & UI||Improved interface to identify provinces for courthouses/ statehouses. New "Expand infrastructure" mechanic||2020-10-27|
|16||Sikh & Zoroastrian||Zoroastrian and Sikh unique features||2020-10-20|
|15||Favors||New "curry favors" action and other flavor mechanic changes||2020-10-13|
|14||Naval Rebalance||Rebalance of sailors, ships, and naval combat||2020-10-06|
|13||Paradox Tinto||EU4 development moves to Barcelona; new Idea Groups for Hordes, Theocracies and Indigenous||2020-09-29|
|12||Federations & The New World||Revamped tribal federations mechanic, map changes, new tags||2020-09-22|
|11||North American Natives Government Reforms||Native government reforms and Native buildings||2020-09-15|
|10||North American Natives||A highlight of a new devastation and seasonal migration mechanic for North American tribes.||2020-09-08|
|9||Lan Xang and Sunda||An overview of the new missions, estate privilege and religion setup for Lan Xang, Sunda and minor maritime SEA countries.||2020-09-01|
|8||Pegu and More||An overview of the new missions, events and mechanics for countries in Burma region.||2020-08-25|
|7||Vietnam||An overview of the new missions, disaster and culture setup for Vietnam and Champa.||2020-08-18|
|6||Brunei, Malacca, and Aceh||An overview of the new missions, estate privilege and national ideas for countries in maritime South East Asia.||2020-08-11|
|5||Khmer Empire||An overview of the new missions, disaster, estate privileges and events for Khmer.||2020-08-04|
|4||Java||An overview of the new missions, disaster and events for Majapahit.||2020-07-28|
|3||Ayutthaya||An overview of the new missions, national ideas and events for Ayutthaya.||2020-07-21|
|2||Maritime South East Asia||A summary of the province, tag, and culture changes within the Indonesia region.||2020-07-14|
|1||South East Asia||A summary of the province, tag, and culture changes with a new formable, Siam.||2020-07-07|
- Forum: Focus Your Power in New EU4 Expansion - Leviathan Gives More Development Options, 2021-02-09.