Europa Universalis 4 Wiki:Contest
The is the EU4 component of the multi-wiki contest run from here.
- 1 Prizes
- 2 Rules and guidelines
- 3 Earning tickets
- 4 Flag images
- 5 Reporting completion
- 6 Earned tickets
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span. Various actions give raffle tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one is to win. Fixed prizes are also given out to the top three contributors by number of tickets.
The three users with the most tickets will each get a discount voucher for the Paradox Web Store. This can be used for any combination of digital goods (limited to at most one copy of each individual product) in a single transaction, but cannot be applied to physical goods:
- 1st place gets a 90% off voucher - Won by Ghastrakun (516 tickets)
- 2nd place gets a 75% off voucher - Won by Voy (444 tickets)
- 3rd place gets a 50% off voucher - Won by AkatsukiEmpire (157 tickets)
Further winners will be selected using a random number generator. The prizes will be drawn in the order listed below. An entrant's chance of winning is proportional to the number of tickets they've obtained. The top three contributors by number of tickets are also entered in the raffle.
A total of 24 prizes will be raffled off:
- 6 copies of the Crusader Kings II base game (raffled individually) - Won by Ghastrakun (516 tickets), Voy (444), AkatsukiEmpire (157), Gamengervi (40), Pyroclastic (32), LeSineAffame (8)
- 6 copies of the Hearts of Iron 3 Collection (raffled individually) - Won by Ghastrakun (516 tickets), Mafyozya (69), Pinpinolo (45), Whizzer (32), Austrianemporer (11), Jpapple (2)
- 6 copies of the Victoria 2 Complete (raffled individually) - Won by Ghastrakun (516 tickets), AkatsukiEmpire (157), IoannesBarbarus (121), Witcher538 (114), Yezhanquan (58), Josh Jupiter (40)
- 6 copies of the Age of Wonders 3 (raffled individually) - Won by Voy (444 tickets), AkatsukiEmpire (157), Arablue99 (104), Xyloz (80), Gigau (59), Flomotlomotflo (1)
It is not possible to win more than one copy of each game, but it is possible to win one of each.
Rules and guidelines
- Paradox Wikis administrator Meneth decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below.
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out)
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used
- If you have changed the email address of your Paradox Account since registering on the Paradox Wikis, you should update your email address on the wikis. Otherwise, it may take longer than normal for you to receive your prize(s) if you were to win
- Only edits after the start of the contest count
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards. Edit summaries are encouraged, but not required except where otherwise specified
- Administrators and Moderators cannot enter the contest
- To prevent a conflict of interest, halfops are discouraged from editing the contest page
- Any action on the list undertaken between the start and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
- All tickets are provisional until the contest starts and edits made in advance can change the values below
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
- Important: When updating an article/section/infobox do not remove versioning tags. Instead, set the version number to the updated version. This will make it stop displaying until a newer version is released. The SVersion tags should be present after each tier 2 header.
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated.
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Adding a strategy guide to a page in Category:Needs strategy guide. Note that the strategy guide must either be your own work, or another person's work used with permissions and significantly reworked to comply with the wiki's style guidelines. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
Mechanics pages are worth more than other pages to update, the changes and rewards are shown below.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Tickets breakdown||Total tickets|
|Advisor||1.19||Update to 1.23, update images or remove||9 for update, 1 per image (4)||26|
|Alliance||1.19||Update to 1.23, update images or remove||11 for update 2 for image||26|
|Regions||1.16||Update to 1.23||14 tickets||28|
|Army||1.16||Update to 1.23, remove indent for formulae, expand reinforce costs||21 or update, 2 for style, 3 for expansion||52|
|Autonomy||1.18||Update to 1.23||10 for update||20|
|Buildings||1.21||Update to 1.23||5 for update, 4 for completing expansion request||18|
|Canal||1.19||Update to 1.23||6 for update||12|
|Capital||1.19||Update to 1.23||9 for update||18|
|Casus belli||1.12||Update to 1.23||17 for update, quadrupled||68|
|Claim||1.14||Update to 1.23,||14 for update||28|
|Colonization||1.18||Update to 1.23||14 for update, 1 for adding in missing SVersion tags||30|
|Corruption||1.18||Update to 1.23||9 for update||18|
|Condottieri||1.16||Update to 1.23||14 for update||28|
|Culture||1.18||Update to 1.23||12 for update||24|
|Development||1.20||Update to 1.23||3 for update, 1 for missing SVersion tag||8|
|Diplomacy||1.14||Update to 1.23, Move SVersions to appropriate levels, expanding Gaining diplomatic reputation with modifiers from Factions and Native council.||30 for update, 3 for removing SVersions from tier 4 headers and placing them at the relevant tier 2 headers instead, 6 for expansions||78|
|Diplomatic feedback||1.14||Update to 1.23||18 for update, 3 for style fixes||42|
|Disasters||1.18||Update to 1.23||5 for update||10|
|Discipline||1.15||Update to 1.23||10 for update||20|
|Economy||1.18||Update to 1.23||15 for update, 2 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||34|
|Envoy||1.19||Update to 1.23||9 for update||18|
|Estates||1.22||Update to 1.23||4 for update||8|
|Espionage||1.18||Update to 1.23||9 for update||18|
|Factions||1.18||Update to 1.23||7 for update||14|
|Force limit||1.18||Update to 1.23, add in missing SVersion||10 for update 1 for SVersions||22|
|Government||1.18||Update to 1.23||20 for update||40|
|Holy Roman Empire||1.18||Update to 1.23||23 for update||46|
|Idea groups||1.19||Update to 1.23||7 for update||14|
|Institutions||1.18||Update to 1.23||9 for update||18|
|Land units||1.22||Update to 1.23, update images||5 for update, 1 for images||6|
|Land warfare||1.15||Update to 1.23, correct style mistakes||23 for update, 2 for style fixes doubled||50|
|Manpower||1.16||Update to 1.23||10 for update||20|
|Military leader||1.18||Update to 1.23 add in missing SVersion tags||11 for update, 1 for missing SVersions||24|
|Military tradition||1.14||Update to 1.23, replace image and version correctly||15 for update, 2 for image||34|
|Monarch power||1.18||Update to 1.23||13 for update||26|
|National ideas||1.19||Update to 1.23, add in missing SVersion templates||8 for update||16|
|Native council||1.19||Update to 1.23||11 for update||22|
|Naval units||1.15||Update to 1.23||22 for update||44|
|Naval warfare||1.18||Update to 1.23, detail engagement width and describe setting naval missions, add formulae for target selection, hull damage and morale damage||16 tickets for update, 4 for engagement width, 4 for naval missions, 4 for formula for target selection, 4 for formula for hull damage, 4 for formula for morale damage||72|
|Navy||1.16||Update to 1.23||19 for update||38|
|Overextension||1.18||Update to 1.23||7 for update||14|
|Papacy||1.18||Update to 1.23||8 for update||16|
|Personal union||1.18||Update to 1.23, move formula to math mode||10 for update, 1 for formula||22|
|Policies||1.22||Update to 1.23||2 for update||4|
|Power projection||1.21||Update to 1.23||2 for update||4|
|Prestige||1.18||Update to 1.23||10 for update||20|
|Production||1.19||Update to 1.23||7 for update||14|
|Province||1.18||Update to 1.23, detail winters properly||16 for update, 4 for detailing winters||40|
|Random New World||1.21||Update to 1.23||2 for update||4|
|Rebellion||1.18||Update to 1.23||15 for update||30|
|Relations||1.15||Update to 1.23||17 for update||34|
|Religion||1.15||Update to 1.23||16 for update||32|
|Religions and denominations||1.18||Update to 1.23, Move SVersions so that each denominations has a sversion tag. Get all denominations on same header level (level 3), expand Buddhist religion section with a table on the karma change from actions||30 for update, 4 for format changes, 4 for expansion||86|
|Ruler||1.18||Update to 1.23||14 for update||28|
|Sailors||1.18||Update to 1.23||11 for update||22|
|Score system||1.17||Update to 1.23||12 for update||24|
|Stability||1.19||Update to 1.23||6 for update||12|
|Steppe hordes||1.14||Update to 1.23||20 for update||40|
|Subject nation||1.18||Update to 1.23||11 for update||22|
|Tax||1.14||Update to 1.23||13 for update||26|
|Technology||1.18||Update to 1.23||15 for update||30|
|Territories and states||1.21||Update to 1.23||4 for update||8|
|Trade||1.22||Update to 1.23||6 for update||12|
|Trade goods||1.19||Update to 1.23||14 for update||28|
|Trade company||1.19||Update to 1.23||4 for update||8|
|Triggered modifiers||1.21||Update to 1.23||2 for update||4|
|Warfare||1.16||Update to 1.23, convert formulae to math mode, remove excessive strategy sections||28 for update, 2 for formulae||60|
|War exhaustion||1.18||Update to 1.23||8 for update||16|
|Events||~||Detail on mechanisms of triggered and pulse events||16 tickets doubled||32|
High value tasks
These tasks are of high importance to the wiki and as such are worth more than their components would be.
- Add in new Achievements with images in the correct category - 6 tickets
- Guides for Interface modding, Trade company modding, Estate modding, Random New World modding, Parliament modding, Rebel modding, Random new world tile modding, Trade node modding, 10 tickets each
Interface updates and controls
- Artificial intelligence - 5
- Controls - 10
- Country interface - 15
- Ingame screen - 15
- Ledger - 10
- Options - 1
- Province interface - 10
- User interface - 10
Cradle of Civilisation/1.23
A number of features are introduced or changed in patch 1.23. Having info on this is highly important to the wiki, and is thus highly rewarded compared to the effort involved:
|New government types||15|
|Islamic schools and other changes to Muslims||10|
|Army professionalism and drilling||15|
|New trade goods||5|
|Court culture and religion||10|
Old page updates
There are a number of very outdated pages on the wiki. The prizes for updating them are listed below. Note that mechanics pages which are outdated are instead listed above.
|Casus belli (1.12)||14||Colonial nation (1.12)||24|
|Vassal (1.12)||22||Scopes (1.13)||15|
|Casus belli modding (1.14)||10||Government modding (1.14)||15|
|Modifier modding (1.14)||15|
These images are all outdated, replacing with an up to date version is worth 4 tickets each.
File:Euiv-world-geography.jpg File:Form_alliance.jpg File:EU4_Advisor_Age_versus_Mortality_and_Survival.jpg File:EU4_Advisor_Hiring_Age_versus_Hiring_Multiplier.jpg File:Modding_localisation_files.jpg File:Revanchism.png File:Ledger_categories.png File:User_interface.png
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as rewrites. This means the page has several issues which are against the style guide. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|First Come, First Serve||5|
|Rise of the White Sheep||10|
Style clean up
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as clean up. This means the page has several issues which are against the style guide but not as severe as a rewrite. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|List of event lists||3|
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as needing an expansion. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|Culture modding||Country and province modifiers||4|
|Defines||Details on the defines on the page||4|
|Event modding||Sections on functionality of event targets and the associated commands and triggers and on the meaning and function of 'is_mtth_scaled_to_size'.||8|
|Faction modding||custom faction names||4|
|Ottoman events||Expand detail on missing harem events||4|
|Static modifiers||Sections for harmony and Shogun interactions.||8|
Verifying that content on the wiki is correct is also important. Each page checked and verified is worth 5 tickets. The unverified content is tagged with the
Some of the flags are low resolution and high resolution (800x533 to 1000x667) ones are desired. This is not the same as stretching the image (see the history of File:Apache.png for an example of what not to do). Each flag uploaded with correct copyright is worth 1 ticket.
- File:East Frisia.png
- File:La Plata.png
- File:Lan Na.png
- File:Rewa Kantha.png
- File:Sarig Yogir.png
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact the overseeing moderator about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify overseeing moderator that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:Meneth.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket. In the raffle, ticket numbers are always rounded down.
- When updating content remember to also update the accompanying version tag (do not delete them).
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).
- Tickets/tasks up to the end of the contest