Europa Universalis 4 Wiki:Contest
- For the full Terms and Conditions of the Paradox Wikis contest please visit here
The wiki will run a contest to celebrate the release of "Leviathan" starting on 2021-04-27 at 18:00 CEST till 2021-05-06 at 18:00 CEST.
- 1 Prizes
- 2 Rules and guidelines
- 3 Earning tickets
- 3.1 Mechanics pages
- 3.2 High value tasks
- 3.3 Old page updates
- 3.4 Page expansion
- 3.5 Content verification
- 3.6 Adding categories
- 3.7 Verify computer generated content
- 3.8 Unrecognized icon strings
- 4 Flag images
- 5 Reporting completion
- 6 Earned tickets
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span. Various actions give tickets; the more tickets one amassed, the more likely one is to win.
The three users with the most tickets will each get to pick their product(s) of choice from the Paradox Web Store up to the amount they won:
- 1st place can pick at an amount up to $60
- 2nd place can pick at an amount up to $40
- 3rd place can pick at an amount up to $20
Notes: Can be used for any combination of digital goods (regular retail prices) in a single occurrence, does not apply to physical goods, winner's product keys will be delivered by Paradox Wikis administrator SolSys.
Rules and guidelines
- Paradox Wikis administrator SolSys decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below.
- Members of the Paradox Wikis team (administrators, moderators, halfops) cannot enter the contest.
- The competition is open for anyone around the world aged 16 or above. Entrants under the age of 18 require parental consent to participate.
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out).
- Any action on the list undertaken between the start and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used.
- If you have changed the email address of your Paradox Account since registering on the Paradox Wikis (before the unified account), you should update your email address via the Paradox account settings from the forums. Otherwise, it may take longer than normal for you to receive your prize(s) if you were to win.
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit.
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards. Edit summaries are encouraged, but not required except where otherwise specified.
- For the full Terms and Conditions of the Paradox Wikis contest please visit here.
- All tickets are provisional until the contest starts and edits made in advance can change the values below
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
- Important: When updating an article/section/infobox do not remove versioning tags. Instead, set the version number to the updated version. This will make it stop displaying until a newer version is released. The SVersion tags should be present after each tier 2 header.
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated.
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
Mechanics pages are worth more than other pages to update, the changes and rewards are shown below.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Tickets breakdown||Total tickets|
|Economy||1.24||Update to 1.31, move all SVersions to tier 2||20 for update, 1 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||46|
|Tax||1.30||Update to 1.31||2 for update||4|
|Production||1.24||Update to 1.31||15 for update||30|
|Trade||1.25||Update to 1.31, move all SVersions to tier 2||15 for update, 4 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||42|
|Development||1.24||Update to 1.31||12 for update||24|
|Colonization||1.25||Update to 1.31||16 for update||32|
|Trade goods||1.30||Update to 1.31||5 for update||10|
|Manpower||1.29||Update to 1.31||14 for update||28|
|Warfare||1.24||Update to 1.31||25 for update||50|
|Army||1.23||Update to 1.31, expand reinforce costs, move all SVersions to tier 2||20 for update, 3 for expansion, 1 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||48|
|Navy||1.24||Update to 1.31||10 for update||20|
|Alliance||1.30||Update to 1.31||14 for update||28|
|Casus belli||1.30||Update to 1.31||9 for update||27|
|Claim||1.27||Update to 1.31, move all SVersions to tier 2||7 for update, 1 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||16|
|Condottieri||1.30||Update to 1.31||3 for update||6|
|Discipline||1.26||Update to 1.31||8 for update||16|
|Force limit||1.29||Update to 1.31||11 for update||22|
|Land units||1.30||Update to 1.31||10 for update||20|
|Land warfare||1.24||Update to 1.31, add in Naval Barrage||16 for update, 4 for Naval barrage||40|
|Military leader||1.22||Update to 1.31, move all SVersions to tier 2||16 for update, 4 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||40|
|Military tradition||1.26||Update to 1.31, move all SVersions to tier 2||10 for update, 2 for moving SVersions||24|
|Naval units||1.29||Update to 1.31||12 for update||24|
|Naval warfare||1.25||Update to 1.31||10 for update||30|
|Sailors||1.23||Update to 1.31||16 for update||24|
|War exhaustion||1.30||Update to 1.31||5 for update||10|
|Power projection||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Technology||1.30||Update to 1.31||15 for update||30|
|Innovativeness||1.30||Update to 1.31||3 for update||6|
|National ideas||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Idea groups||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Institutions||1.24||Update to 1.31||16 for update||32|
|Absolutism||1.28||Update to 1.31||6 for update||12|
|Province||1.27||Update to 1.31, Move lists to dedicated page, Detail how winters work||10 for update, 6 for lists, 4 for detailing winters||40|
|Core||1.29||Update to 1.31||16 for update||32|
|Ruler||1.25||Update to 1.31, move Heir to tier 2 header||13 for update, 1 for Heir section||28|
|Monarch power||1.28||Update to 1.31, move all SVersions to tier 2||6 for update, 1 for sversions||14|
|Advisor||1.24||Update to 1.31, update images or remove||7 for update, 1 per updated image||16|
|Government||1.30||Update to 1.31, move all SVersions to tier 2, expand "Reform progress growth"||15 for update, 1 for Sversions, 4 for progress growth||40|
|Monarchy||1.27||Update to 1.31||8 for update||16|
|Republic||1.30||Update to 1.31, move all SVersions to tier 2||4 for update, 1 for sversions||10|
|Theocracy||1.23||Update to 1.31, add new reforms||5 for update, 5 for reforms||20|
|Tribal government||1.24||Update to 1.31, add new reforms, move all SVersions to tier 2||8 for update, 5 for reforms, 1 for sversions||28|
|Buildings||1.28||Update to 1.31||12 for update||24|
|Religion||1.26||Update to 1.31, add SVersions to all tier 2||12 for update, 2 for Sversions||28|
|Christian denominations||1.23||Update to 1.31, add SVersions to all tier 2||17 for update, 1 for Sversions||36|
|Muslim denominations||1.25||Update to 1.31, add SVersions to all tier 2||9 for update, 1 for Sversions||10|
|Eastern denominations||1.23||Update to 1.31, add SVersions to all tier 2||12 for update, 1 for Sversions||26|
|Pagan denominations||1.23||Update to 1.31, add SVersions to all tier 2||17 for update, 1 for Sversions||36|
|Additional denominations||1.30||Update to 1.31, add SVersions to all tier 2||2 for update, 1 for Sversions||6|
|Crusader Kings II denominations||1.23||Update to 1.31||10 for update||20|
|Culture||1.25||Update to 1.31||12 for update||24|
|Estates||1.30||Update to 1.31,||2 for update,||4|
|Base estates||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Cossacks estates||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Dharma estates||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Autonomy||1.30||Update to 1.31||2 for update||4|
|Stability||1.25||Update to 1.31||8 for update||16|
|Corruption||1.27||Update to 1.31||5 for update||10|
|Rebellion||1.23||Update to 1.31, update image||15 for update, 1 for image||32|
|Disasters||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Canal||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Capital||1.25||Update to 1.31, move Fixed capitals to tier 2||9 for update, 1 for fixed capitals||20|
|Factions||1.29||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Overextension||1.29||Update to 1.31||2 for update||4|
|Policies||1.30||Update to 1.31||2 for update||4|
|States and territories||1.28||Update to 1.31||5 for update||10|
|Native council||1.30||Update to 1.31||7 for update||14|
|Steppe hordes||1.23||Update to 1.31, alter style to match Native council, organise Sversions||16 for update, 10 for style, 1 for sversions||34|
|Events||~||Detail on mechanisms of pulse events||10 for mechanisms||20|
|Relations||1.24||Update to 1.31||12 for update||24|
|Diplomacy||1.24||Update to 1.31, Move major diplomatic actions to their own tier 2 header||22 for update, 3 for moving SVersions||50|
|Regions||1.30||Update to 1.31||13 for update||26|
|Subject nation||1.25||Update to 1.31||10 for update||20|
|Holy Roman Empire||1.28||Update to 1.31||15 for update||30|
|Personal union||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Diplomatic feedback||1.30||Update to 1.31||4 for update||8|
|Emperor of China||1.28||Update to 1.31, reorganise effects of mandate below TOC, move sversions to tier 2||6 for update, 6 for style fixes||24|
|Envoy||1.24||Update to 1.31, replace simple SVersion with timeless,||8 for update, 1 for sversion||18|
|Espionage||1.27||Update to 1.31||5 for update||10|
|Papacy||1.29||Update to 1.31, move sversion to tier 2 headers||4 for update, 1 for sversions||10|
|Prestige||1.26||Update to 1.31||15 for update||30|
|Luck||1.30||Update to 1.31||2 for update||4|
|Nation designer||1.28||Update to 1.31, move SVerions to tier 2 headers||13 for update, 2 for sversions||30|
|Random New World||1.29||Update to 1.31||3 for update||6|
|Score system||1.30||Update to 1.31||2 for update||4|
|Vassal||1.23||Update to 1.31||15 for update||30|
|March||1.25||Update to 1.31||7 for update||14|
|Client state||1.25||Update to 1.31||5 for update||10|
|Colonial nation||1.23||Update to 1.31||14 for update||28|
|Trade company||1.27||Update to 1.31, move sverions to tier 2||7 for update, 1 for sversions||16|
|Personalities||1.29||Update to 1.31||2 for update||4|
|Trade nodes||1.28||Update to 1.31||5 for update||10|
|Ages||1.28||Update to 1.31||3 for update||6|
High value tasks
These tasks are of high importance to the wiki and as such are worth more than their components would be.
- Guides for Nation designer modding, Particle modding, Shader modding, Holy Roman Empire modding 40 tickets each
Interface updates and controls
- Artificial intelligence - 1
- Controls - 10
- Country interface - 15
- Ingame screen - 10
- Ledger - 10
- Options - 2
- Province interface - 5
- User interface - 10
Build a page listing unit packs. Images are uploaded and stored in Category:Unit_packs. Reward: 30
A number of features are introduced or changed in Patch 1.31. Having info on this is highly important to the wiki, and is thus highly rewarded compared to the effort involved:
|New Regency Options||10|
|Updated Colonial Nations||5|
|North American natives mechanics||15|
Add any missing mechanics from the list above to the mechanics page complete with appropriate icon and description. 5 tickets per mechanic added
Old page updates
There are a number of very outdated pages on the wiki. The prizes for updating them are listed below. Note that mechanics pages which are outdated are instead listed above.
These images are all outdated, replacing with an up to date version is worth 4 tickets each.
- File:Shadow kingdom.png
- File:User interface.png
- File:Eu4 scenario setup.jpg
- File:Development opportunity.png
- File:Modding localisation files.jpg
- File:Native policies.png
- File:Raid coasts.jpg
- File:UI mac diplomacy alliance actions.png
- File:UI mac diplomacy improve relations.png
- File:UI mac estates.png
- File:UI mac exploit.png
- File:UI tab government interface.png
- File:UI tab tech.png
- File:Shan provinces.png
- File:UI tab stability.png
Image age identification
Some images do not have a version category. Add an appropriate version for any pages in the following categories. 1 ticket per image given a version category.
- Category:National mission trees
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as needing an expansion. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|Advisor||Type-specific advisor cost modifiers.||10|
|Eastern denominations||Yearly karma decay||10|
|Event modding||Default ai chance||5|
|Events||How pulse events work||15|
|Faction modding||Custom faction names||5|
|Monarch power||All power costs modifier.||5|
|Naval warfare||Blockade force required||5|
|Prestige||Prestige from naval battles||15|
|Province||How winters work||10|
|Revolution||New mechanics from Emperor||25|
|Ruler||Introduce New Heir||5|
|Unguarded Nomadic Frontier||Events for neighbouring hordes||5|
Verifying that content on the wiki is correct is also important. Each page checked and verified is worth 5 tickets. The unverified content is tagged with the
- Add categories to images in Special:UncategorizedFiles
Verify computer generated content
Unrecognized icon strings
Pages in Category:Pages with unrecognized icon strings contain unrecognized icon strings either through typing errors or missing files. 2 Tickets per page corrected.
Some of the flags are low resolution and high resolution (800x533 to 1000x667) ones are desired. This is not the same as stretching the image (see the history of File:Apache.png for an example of what not to do). Each flag uploaded with correct copyright is worth 1 ticket.
- File:Can Pech.png
- File:East Frisia.png
- File:Hisn Kayfa.png
- File:Mong Pai.png
- File:New Providence.png
- File:Port Royal.png
- File:Rewa Kantha.png
- File:Three Leagues.png
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact the overseeing moderator about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify overseeing moderator that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:SolSys.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket.
- When updating content remember to also update the accompanying version tag (do not delete them).
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).