Release date / Patch
2018-09-06 / 1.26
Store: Content pack
- Design Your Government: Unlock unique reforms that will define how you govern your kingdom or republic, earning free policies and boosting the power of some estates.
- Enhanced Policy System: Special bonuses that make the policy system even more attractive.
- Trade Company Investments: Upgrade and improve the provinces tied to your trade companies, conferring bonuses both to the European master and neighboring Indian nations.
- New Indian Mission Trees: Unique mission paths for the most important Indian sultanates and kingdoms.
- New Indian Estates: India gets five new castes, raise the Brahmins to reduce unrest in a province or install Jain governors for a boost to income while reducing manpower.
- New Mughal Culture Bonus: The Mughal Empire can assimilate and accommodate newly conquered cultures with ease.
- Charter Companies: Europeans can buy a foothold into trade charter zones in Africa and Asia, if they can find a prince that trusts them.
- Upgraded Trade Centers: Invest in the development of your Centers of Trade.
- And more, including: new ways to suppress rebellion, the monsoon season, new uses for colonists in non-colonial development, scornful insults, multiplayer teams, new art, and more.
- Integrated the estates system into the base game.
- A major reworking of the game's map of India, Tibet and Burma.
- Reworked policy system.
- A host of new achievements.
- Unique national ideas for Indian nations.
- New parliament issues and bribes.
- New regional missions for Tibet, and North & South India.
Major DLC changesEdit
- Main article: Developer diaries
- Patch 1.27 (Poland)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|25||The 1.27 "Poland" update 1/2||More flavor in the Polish regions, new NIs, event chains and some more government reforms/types.||2018-09-18|
|26||The 1.27 "Poland" update 2/2||Final dev diary for the upcoming 1.27 Poland Update.||2018-09-25|
|27||Poland Update and Moving Forward||DDRJake, EU4's game director, on the upcoming hotfix and teasing focus of the future Immersion Pack and patch 1.28.||2018-10-02|
- Patch 1.26 (Mughals)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Government Reforms||"DDRJake, EU4's game director, talking on completely new system of governments in EU 4.||2018-04-03|
|2||Republican Reforms||Continuation of previous diary that shows new reforms for republics.||2018-04-10|
|3||Theocracies and Tribal governments||The 3rd part of the exposé on how governments will work in the next expansion.||2018-04-17|
|4||India Map Update||New countries and provinces in India.||2018-04-24|
|5||Northern India Changes||The 2nd DD covering the map changes made to India - this time the northern half.||2018-05-01|
|6||Burma, Bengal and Tibet||Map changes of Southeast Asian area, including Burma, Bengal and Tibet.||2018-05-08|
|7||Mughal Diwans and Charter Trade Companies||Culture assimilation for the Mughals and trade charters to aid the colonizer nations gain a foothold around the world.||2018-05-15|
|8||Estates And The Dharma Expansion||Changes to the (now free) estates system, new estates for India and a new government form for The Cossacks owners.||2018-05-22|
|9||Refining Mission Trees: India and Russia||New mission trees for Indian nations as well as the Russian nations in Third Rome.||2018-05-29|
|10||Charter Trade Companies Investments and Policy Rework||Making Charter Trade Companies more worthwhile for all involved, as well as a rework on Policies to make them all more useful.||2018-06-05|
|11||Truce Mapmode and Suppressing Rebels||Adding a truce mapmode, as well as an update to the autonomous rebel supression mechanic.||2018-06-12|
|12||Audio in the Mughals Update||Franco "Audiomancer" Freda, sound designer at Paradox, on enhancing EU4's audio to today's standards.||2018-06-19|
|13||Two smaller features||Settlement Growth and scornful insults.||2018-06-26|
|14||Climate, Weather and Elephants||Weather mapmode, changes to winter and terrain as well as a new Indian cavalry model.||2018-07-03|
|15||New nations to be formed!||The new formable nations as well as their national ideas||2018-07-10|
|16||Multiplayer and Indian Siege Graphics||Allowing for players (nations) to team up in multiplayer and new graphics for Indian sieges||2018-07-17|
|17||Balance changes and Bengal National Ideas||A round-up of the balance changes made to existing mechanics in 1.26 so far||2018-07-24|
|18||Evolving Centers of Trade||Changing the trade setup and the ability to evolve centers of trade||2018-07-31|
|19||Additional Missions and National Ideas||Shedding more light on the new mission trees and NIs coming in Dharma and Third Rome||2018-08-07|
|20||Dharma's Content Pack||Elephants coming to a place nearby you in Dharma's content pack||2018-08-14|
|21||New Achievements||A look at the new achievements coming for Dharma||2018-08-21|
|22||Recap of Changes||Recap of the main changes incoming as part of Dharma and the 1.26 "Mughals" patch||2018-08-28|
|23||Mughals Update Patch Notes||A sneak preview of the 1.26 Mughals patch notes||2018-09-04|
|24||Final Post-Dharma Dev Diary||Post-release support including a hotfix list||2018-09-11|
- Forum: Bow Before the Peacock Throne in New Europa Universalis IV Expansion, 2018-05-19
- Forum: Gather the Riches of the East in EU:Dharma, 2018-09-06
- Forum, Dev diary #60 - Emperor Patch Notes & Unit Sprites, 2020-06-02.