Cradle of Civilization
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Release date / Patch
2017-11-16 / 1.23
Store: Content pack
- New Governments: Powerful decisions related to each of the special government types of the Middle East, including unique mechanics for the Egyptian Mamluk Government, Persian Theocracy, Tribal Federations, and the heirs to Timur.
- Trade Policies: Activate your merchants in trade nodes for special missions – promote profiteering, espionage, military, diplomacy, and religion propagation.
- Islamic Schools: The wide range of Muslim disciplines offer unique perks to their disciples and transforms international relations across the Middle East.
- Army Professionalism: Drill and discipline your armies as you move from the age of mercenary captains to the mass levies of standing armies.
- Exploit Development: Reduce the strength of your provinces for a quick influx of cash or manpower, stripping your nation's future for immediate gain.
- Iqta Taxes: Muslim governments can impose new taxes every 20 years for special bonuses.
- Ability to directly convert your subjects' provinces to your subjects' State religion
- Ability to promote the rank of an advisor.
- And more: Changes to national ideas, missionary actions, Turkish Janissaries and many other game mechanics.
- 5 new trade goods: Livestock, Incense, Glass, Paper, and Gems.
- Reworked map setup in the Middle-East.
- Addition of religion and culture to the courtroom (for ruler, heir, consort, and advisors).
- New ideas.
- 2 new buildings.
- 20 new achievements
- Main article: Developer diaries
- Patch 1.24 (Japan)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|21||The 2017 Christmas wrapper||A look at 2017 and overview of the EU4 team||2017-12-19|
|20||Japan Update Changelog||Changelog for the 1.24 Japan update.||2017-12-12|
|19||Performance and balance changes||Late game performance improvements and military balance changes||2017-12-05|
|18||Japan and the Philippines||Additional provinces and tags for Japan while the Philippines receive an overhaul||2017-11-28|
- Patch 1.23 (Persia)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|17||Post Release Patch||Post release bug-support in the short term and some planned enhancements in the mid-term||2017-11-21|
|16||Persia Update Patch Notes||A sneak preview of the 1.23 Persia patch notes||2017-11-14|
|15||Additions and achievements||Achievements for patch 1.23 revealed along with the last features of the Cradle of Civilization expansion.||2017-11-07|
|14||MP streamlined||MP gets several issues sorted with 1.23 - expect a more smooth experience.||2017-10-31|
|13||Military tidbits and AI updates||A military mixed-bag of features along with parting words from Gnivom, EU4's AI programmer, accompanied by an overview of future AI improvements and any AI cheats present in 1.23||2017-10-24|
|12||Startup, Missionaries and Modding||Startup screens will detail the nation's situation at game start, missionaries can help in subject lands, and Groogy on extending support for modders.||2017-10-17|
|11||Cultures and Religions||The addition of cultures and religions to the courtroom as well as special interactions for Mamluk and Iqta governments||2017-10-10|
|10||Ottomans Extended||Restoring the Sultanate of Rûm gains access to the Ottoman Government, itself extended with Pashas and Jannisaries||2017-10-03|
|9||The Persia Update||A closer look on the changes at the Persian region and introduction of the new Feudal Theocracy government||2017-09-26|
|8||Tribal Federations||New government mechanics for Tribal Federations infuse changes to the Turkmen sheep nations in the Middle East||2017-09-19|
|7||Piety and Muslim Schools||Islam changes move piety between the Mysticism/Legalism extremes and introduces the Muslim Schools of Law||2017-09-12|
|6||Trade Policies||Use trade policies to promote profiteering, espionage, diplomacy and religion propagation.||2017-09-05|
|5||Army Professionalism||Armies get expanded upon with a new professionalism level while marching into more "modern" times||2017-08-29|
|4||Army Drills||A partial overview of the new setup of trade goods and a peek at the new Army drill mechanic||2017-08-22|
|3||The Greater Iranian Region||Changes in the Persian super-region and new trade goods to be introduced in patch 1.23||2017-08-15|
|2||Anatolia and the Caucasus||Map and general setup changes coming for the Caucasus and Anatolia regions as part of the 1.23 patch||2017-08-08|
|1||Near East Facelift||Changes in the Arabia and Egypt regions for update 1.23||2017-08-01|