Conquest of Paradise
The Conquest of Paradise expansionary DLC was announced on 4 November 2013 and released on 14 January 2014 together with patch 1.4. The expansion focuses on colonization mechanics, a revamping of the New World, with a particular focus on making states in North America more interesting and an optional new world randomizer.
- A generator for a Random New World. The generator is limited to starts in november 11 1444 and isn't compatible with CK2 converted games.
- An expansive addition of new mechanics for tribal nations in North America including migration, buildings, native ideas, reforming the government, a new mechanic for casus belli and federations.
- Another new feature is the ability to support independence of a vassal, protectorate or colonial nation.
Coinciding game patch
- Main article: Patch 1.4
The expansion coincided with a supporting, free patch for the base game, that includes:
- A new form of formable nations called colonial nations. Colonial nations form when a nation controls 5 cored overseas provinces in the same colonial region. They are a subject under the nation forming it, but don't use a diplomatic relation slot. The overlord gets trade power and tariffs from them while they have to be aware of the colonial nation's liberty desire that can cause the colony to declare a war of independence if it increases to above 50%. Colonial nations are playable and have a separate idea group. They use their own, republican form of government; originally they would have governors appointed by the overlord instead of elections (the choice possibly affecting liberty desire), but as of patch 1.8 they are autonomous.
- Protectorates are introduced as a subject nation of technological inferiority that cannot be vassalized, but don't take up a diplomacy slot and provide trade power in return for cheaper technology and the ability to call the overlord into defensive wars.
- Climate now starts to play its part in unit attrition.
- A new interface has been added, where you can view all your current subjects, and view their benefits to your nation.
- Attrition from being on a boat is added. It is 1% of the total army size and isn't modified.
- More playable nations in North America and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Added new events and decisions.
- Added new national ideas in North America.
And a plethora of other additions to the game.
- Added new siege strip + assault and breach overlays for Native Americans
- Added several new events for Native Americans
|Title and Link||Description||Date mm-dd-yy|
|Europa Universalis 4 Conquest of Paradise - Dev's show of features ingame||Developers are explaining the game||08-11-2013|
|Europa Universalis 4 Conquest of Paradise - Dev's Play||Developers playing the unreleased version. Episode 1 of 19||12-18-2013|
Other notable sources of information on the DLC:
|Europa Universalis 4 Conquest of Paradise - Official Manual||13-01-2014|
|Patchnotes for patch 1.4 and the Conquest of Paradise DLC||14-01-2014|
|Developer diaries for Conquest of Paradise||04-11-2013 to 03-03-2014|