Conquest of Paradise
|Conquest of Paradise may need to be updated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information, and remove this template when finished. Please see the talk page for more information.|
The Conquest of Paradise expansionary DLC was announced on 4 November 2013 and released on 14 January 2014 together with patch 1.4. The expansion focuses on colonization mechanics, a revamping of the New World, with a particular focus on making states in North America more interesting and an optional new world randomizer.
- A generator for a Random New World. The generator is limited to starts in november 11 1444 and isn't compatible with CK2 converted games.
- An expansive addition of new mechanics for tribal nations in North America including migration, buildings, native ideas, reforming the government, a new mechanic for casus belli and federations.
- A new form of formable nations called colonial nations. Colonial nations form when a nation controls 5 cored overseas provinces in the same colonial region. They are a subject under the nation forming it. The relation involves the primary nation choosing the governer of the colony and getting tariffs from them while they have to be aware of the colonial nations liberty desire that can cause the colony to declare war of independence if it increases to above 50%. Colonial nations are playable and have a separate idea group.
- Another new feature is the ability to support independence of a vassal, protectorate or colonial nation.
Coinciding game patch
- Main article: Patch_1.4
The expansion coincided with a supporting, free patch for the base game, that includes:
- Protectorates are introduced as a subject nation of technological inferiority that cannot be vassaled.
- Climate now start to play its part in attritioning units.
- A new interface has been added, where you can view all your current subjects, and view their benefits to your nation.
- Attrition from being on a boat is added. It is 1% of the total army size and isn't modified.
- More playable nations in [[New World#North American natives|North America] and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Added new [[Patch 1.4#Events & Decisions|events and decissions]
- Added new national ideas in North America
And a plethora of other additions to the game
|Title and Link||Description||Date mm-dd-yy|
|Europa Universalis 4 Conquest of Paradise - Dev's show of features ingame||Developers are explaining the game||08-11-2013|
|Europa Universalis 4 Conquest of Paradise - Dev's Play||Developers playing the unreleased version. Episode 1 of 19||12-18-2013|
Other notable sources of information on the DLC:
|Europa Universalis 4 Conquest of Paradise - Official Manual||13-01-2014|
|Patchnotes for patch 1.4 and the Conquest of Paradise DLC||14-01-2014|
|Developer diaries for Conquest of Paradise||04-11-2013|