Conquest of Paradise
The Conquest of Paradise expansionary DLC was announced on 4 November, to be released on 14 January. The expansion focuses on colonization mechanics, a revamping of the new world and an optional new world randomizer.
Finding Paradise: Optional randomised new world
- For the first time ever in a Paradox Development Studio game, you can choose to discover a completely randomized American continent.
- Provinces hidden by terra incognita will not appear on the minimap
The Inhabitants of Paradise: Revamped New World countries
To address the potentially dull play of New World countries, "lots of new and interesting things for the Native Americans to do" are being added. "The expansion makes it possible for you to play as a Native American nation and create an empire in early America."
Features will include:
- Chance to form federations with other natives
- New events
- New ideas
- New buildings
- New interface adding map modes and a special tab for native and colonial nations.
Conquering Paradise: Managing a colonial empire
- Larger colonies will become separate, limited independent nations that serve their overlord
- You can gain money and half of their trade power, but they will operate independently, colonizing, fighting Native Americans and colonies of other nations, and potentially rebelling and attempting full independence
- You can pressure colonial nations, in exchange for potential repercussions later on
- You will be able to switch to play as a colony
Coinciding game patch
The expansion will coincide with a supporting, free patch for the base game, that will include:
- New map modes
- More playable nations
- Colonial nations