Conquest of Paradise
The Conquest of Paradise expansionary DLC was announced on 4 November, to be released on 11 December. The expansion focuses on colonization mechanics, a revamping of the new world and an optional new world randomiser.
Finding Paradise: Optional randomised new world
- (For the first time ever in a Paradox Development Studio game), you can choose to discover a completely randomized American continent.
- Terra incognita will not appear in the minimap
The Inhabitants of Paradise: Revamped New World countries
To address the potentially dull play of New World countries, "lots of new and interesting things for the Native Americans to do" are being added. "The expansion makes it possible for you to play as a Native American nation and create an empire in early America."
Features will include:
Conquering Paradise: Managing a colonial empire
- Larger colonies will become separate, limited independent nations that serve their overlord
- You can gain money and trade power from them, but they will operate independently, colonizing, fighting Native Americans and other colonial nations, and potentially rebelling and attempting full independence
- You can pressure colonial nations, in exchange for potential repercussions later on
- You will be able to switch to play as a colony
Coinciding game patch
The expansion will coincide with a supporting, free patch for the base game, that will include:
- New map modes
- More playable nations
- Colonial nations