Conquest of Paradise
|Conquest of Paradise may need to be updated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information, and remove this template when finished. Please see the talk page for more information.|
The Conquest of Paradise expansionary DLC was announced on 4 November 2013 and released on 14 January 2014. The expansion focuses on colonization mechanics, a revamping of the new world and an optional new world randomizer.
Finding Paradise: Optional randomised new world
- For the first time ever in a Paradox Development Studio game, you can choose to discover a completely randomized American continent.
- Provinces hidden by terra incognita will not appear on the minimap
The Inhabitants of Paradise: Revamped New World countries
To address the potentially dull play of New World countries, "lots of new and interesting things for the Native Americans to do" were added. "The expansion makes it possible for you to play as a Native American nation and create an empire in early America."
- Chance to form federations with other natives
- New events
- New ideas
- New buildings
- New interface adding:
2. A new window that is managing tariffs of colonial states (affects liberty desire), vassals and protectorates.
- New religion: Totemist, for Native American tribes.
- New African states in East Africa.
(some of the features were added with the coinciding patch)
Conquering Paradise: Managing a colonial empire
- Larger colonies will become separate, limited independent nations that serve their overlord
- You can gain money and half of their trade power, but they will operate independently, colonizing, fighting Native Americans and colonies of other nations, and potentially rebelling and attempting full independence
- You can pressure colonial nations, in exchange for potential repercussions later on
- You will be able to switch to play as a colony
Coinciding game patch
- Main article: Patch_1.4
The expansion will coincide with a supporting, free patch for the base game, that will include:
- New map modes
- More playable nations
- Colonial nations
List of video content
|Title and Link||Description||Date mm-dd-yy|
|Europa Universalis 4 Conquest of Paradise - Dev's Play 1||Our developers are doing these inhouse sessions with unreleased versions of the game.||12-18-2013|