Art of War
|Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
The Art of War expansion was announced on August 14, 2014.
- 30 years War: Unique mechanics and events for the religious conflict that ravaged Europe.
- Napoleonic Era: Fight for or against the revolution and create entirely new custom clientcountries on the map from your conquests.
- Fighting with Armies: You can now sortie from sieges, transfer occupation to allies and give objectives to your subjects and allies.
- Fighting with Ship: Entire Fleets can now be upgraded with one click, you can now mothball fleets to avoid paying maintainance, and your fleets can be set to automatically transport armies.
- Marches: Turn your vassals into bulwarks against your enemies, getting less tax but strengthening their defences.
- Improved Diplomacy: Sell Surplus Ships, Fight for your subjects CB, Declare War in Support of Rebelfactions in other countries and new peace options like give up claims and pay monthly war reparations.
- Gameplay Enhancements: Build entire armies in one click, abandon cores that you no longer wish to fight for, and abandon entire ideagroups that are no longer useful to your nation.
Free Features for the accompanying patch includes: Completely new rebel mechanic, local autonomy on province level, new cardinalsystem for Catholics, new reformation mechanics and a huge map improvement, making the rest of the world as detailed as Europe is. Lots of interface, ai and gameplay enhancements. When it comes to the map, Paradox has worked closely with the best map-modders in the community, and this will completely revolutionise how you play outside of Europe.
A list of all Art of War developer diaries.