- +10% Infantry combat ability
- +10% Institution spread
Al-Yaman, Felicitous Arabia
- +10% Goods produced modifier
- +10% Global trade power
Control of the Red Sea
- +10% Trade efficiency
- +1 Yearly prestige
Uniting the Yemeni Tribes
- +10% National manpower modifier
Promoting the Yemeni Trade Ports
- +1 Merchant
- +1 Diplomat
- +10% Production efficiency
'Felicitous Arabia', the Kingdom of Yemen, is torn by civil war. The old Rasulid dynasty still rule in Taiz, but in the eastern half of the kingdom their former Tahirid vassals have begun to forge a state of their own.
In the overwhelmingly Shia highlands, the powerful Rassid Imams are themselves a credible alternative to rule Yemen, as long as they can settle their own succession struggles.
To the north, the Mamluks
are tightening their grip over the Meccan and Medinan Sharifates of the Hejaz
. Once these states are firmly under their control, the Mamluks may well be the ones to settle the Yemenite infighting. They long to secure the valuable Yemeni ports of Mocca, Aden, and Zabid, and would not hesitate to intervene.
Yemen is a small nation on the southern tip of the Arabian peninsula. It is the primary nation of Yemeni culture, and can be reformed by the other nations of its culture: Aden, Hadramut, Najran, and Rassids. It follows the Shafi'i school of Islam.
For too long the fertile lands of Yemen have suffered in the hands of incompetent dynasties intent only on plundering her treasures. We must unite these lands so that they can once again prosper under an able ruler.
- Playing with normal or historical nations.
- Did not enact this decision before
- Is not Yemen, the Holy Roman Empire, The Papal State, or Arabia
- Primary culture is Yemeni
- Is not a colonial nation
- If the country is AI-controlled:
- Is not a custom nation
- Is not a former colonial nation
- Owns at least 3 non-colony provinces
- Yemen does not exist
- Yemen does not exist
- Is not at war
- is not a subject nation other than a tributary state.
- Is not a steppe horde
- Owns core provinces Mokha, Aden, Sana'a, and Taiz
- Owns core province Mukalla, Najran, or Jazan
- Country becomes Yemen
- The country gets new missions
- Remove all provinces from the Holy Roman Empire, unless an elector or the Emperor
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if it was Duchy
- Yemen gains a permanent claim on all unowned, non-core provinces in the following areas: Lower Yemen, Upper Yemen, Tihama al-Yemen, and Hadramut
- Gain country modifier “Increased Centralization” for 20 years, giving the following effects:
- −0.05 Monthly autonomy change
- +1 National unrest
- Gain 25 prestige
- Trigger country event “New Traditions & Ambitions”, unless the country has custom or Yemeni ideas
Needed provinces to form Yemen
As Yemen, prevent any European Nation from owning a Coffee-producing province in the Old World until 1700.
|Nomadic technology group
|Mesoamerican technology group
|South American technology group