I just want to thank you for your efforts in improving the wiki; without people to write the articles, my experience in organizing the wiki itself wouldn't amount to much. We're nearing a point now, thanks to you and the other editors, where I'm going to properly organize the structure of the wiki similar to the CKII Wiki, where there's a number of different categories for different concepts and so on. Once again, thank you. ~ Meneth (talk) 00:40, 18 April 2013 (CEST)
- I'm happy to help. I've never participated in a wiki before so my apologies for all the formatting mistakes that I make. If you have any guidance on how to format things in a wiki (particularly things that I've been doing wrong) please let me know.
- One area that I'm particularly interested in helping is in the strategy guide section - both in the "concept" area as well as country specific guides, though I won't be contributing to these until the game is out but once it is and there is a standard format you can bet that I'll be regularly contributing to these sections. I'd like to end by saying thank you for organizing this.
- All the best,
- You haven't made all that many mistakes. I can only think of two important ones right now: two many linebreaks (there's never a need for more than two, but I think you stopped doing this pretty quickly) and redundant headers. Since every page is supposed to start with an intro, there should almost never be an "overview" header or similar. Beyond that there's not really much, though you did forget to sign this post properly (four tildes "~" in a row). You can even have the signature say what you want it to; my signature isn't the default for example. Oh and talk discussions are supposed to remain on the page they started on ;)
- As to strategy guides, those will indeed have to wait until the game is released. When it comes to the format, something similar to what's done on the CKII or V2 wiki will work fine. ~ Meneth (talk) 07:57, 18 April 2013 (CEST)
General Rules for Internal Links
Right, since I saw you make a few mistakes when it comes to internal links, these are the general rules:
- Almost never have more than one internal link to the same page in a single article.
- If there's a high chance that a page will be spun off from another (E.G., Casus Belli from Diplomacy), then link to the spin-off and have the spin-off redirect to the current location.
- Add as many internal links as possible (though if you're uncomfortable with this you can leave it to others)
There's no need to include country adjectives in sub-titles. E.G., write "National ideas" as the section title rather than "Livonian national ideas". The adjective is redundant since it is clear from the page one's browsing. ~ Meneth (talk) 00:32, 15 July 2013 (CEST)
- Fixed - Let me know if there are any other formatting issues and I'll go through - I'm planning on standardizing all of the country pages, primarily putting in identical titles on all of them (Starting Position, Dynamic Historical Events, National Ideas etc...) before the game comes out. ~ Mayernik311 (talk) 21:12, 14 July 2013 (EDT)