Release date / Patch
2015-12-01 / 1.14
Store: Content pack
- New diplomatic options: let the world know what you think of your neighbours by setting a public attitude to foreign powers.
- Tell the world what you want: designate neighbouring provinces as "places of interest", build trust with other nations, and entice allies with the promise of land for their support.
- Tengri: Tengrism is now a syncretic faith, allowing it to tolerate certain secondary religions as if it were a national faith.
- Horde unity and razing: nomadic nations now must pay attention to the horde unity of their tribes – a unity that can only be maintained by the occasional pillaging.
- Improved culture changes: you can now restore a previous culture to a converted province, or convert a province you hold to a culture that is not your own.
- Native policies: set your policy for colonial encounters with natives. Are you focused on quick subjugation, peaceful growth or trading advantages?
- Improved espionage: new spy actions allow you to study the technology of more advanced countries and prod your rivals' subjects towards independence.
- New diplomatic feedback: select provinces of interest, manage opinions, and a new trust and favors mechanic.
- Nations can threaten war to demand provinces without going to war.
- New Estates: 3 New estates to deal and manage in the realm -- the Cossacks, the Dhimmi, and the Tribes (integrated into the base game in 1.26).
- New Cossack Government: The Cossacks receive a new government form with unique interactions.
- Revanchism: allowing a nation to survive a loss and live to fight another day
- A random New World update: requires Conquest of Paradise
- Updated nation designer
- Victory cards: another way to gain score in a multiplayer game
- New areas and regions which give a better naming scheme for conquered lands
- A Leaderboard which records top Ironman scores of players from around the world. (Must be logged into Paradox account to use.)
- New colonial trade goods system that shows player chances of discovering specific goods in uncolonized provinces.
- Cultural unions have been reworked.
Major DLC changesEdit
- The estates mechanic was integrated into the base game as part of patch 1.26. As part of this the 3 basic estates (burghers, clergy, and nobility) and owners of the DLC received the Sich Rada government type - a unique cossack government with the following government interactions: 'Receive Fleeing Serfs', 'Organize Raiding Parties' and 'Raise Cossack Host'.
- Main article: Developer diaries
- Patch 1.15
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|16||Paradox Pricing Policy||Information about the process used to determine price of expansion||2015-12-03|
|17||Bugfixing and balance||Changes to Estates, Diplomatic feedback and Elective Monarchy||2016-01-07|
|18||Balance and UI Improvements||Changes to Hordes, Spread of Discoveries and UI Improvements||2016-01-14|
- Patch 1.14
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||A Whole Random New World||Announcement of Random New World remake that will be available for all CoP owners.||2015-07-09|
|2||Future Nation Designer Improvements||Upcoming improvements for Nation Designer including option to save a nation template.||2015-08-14|
|3||Victory Cards||Announcement of the new Victory Cards system, which will help to gain score in multiplayer.||2015-08-27|
|4||Areas and Regions||New divisions of the map into areas, regions and super regions. Regional naming for enclaves and overseas areas. Coloring of the wasteland provinces for dominant nations.||2015-09-10|
|5||Ironman and Achievements||Ironman and Achievements Rework, Capital Development Discount, Revanchism||2015-09-17|
|6||Steppe Hordes||Horde Unity, Razing, Tengri, Horde Units, Returning and Selling Provinces||2015-09-24|
|7||Estates||Estates system representing internal politics||2015-10-01|
|8||Advanced Culture Change, Mercenaries and Naming your Heir||Cultures, naming Heirs, Mercenaries and Blocking Canals||2015-10-08|
|9||Native Policies and Colonial Wars||Policies for colonies, colonial wars and the conceding of colonial areas in peace deals||2015-10-15|
|10||Diplomatic Feedback||Provinces of interest, attitude, trust and favors, and calling allies||2015-10-22|
|11||Convenience and interface improvements||Building directly to armies, constructing in subjects, country view improvements, and macrobuilder improvements||2015-10-29|
|12||Espionage, Spoils of War and Fort's Zone of Control||New espionage actions, distribution of spoils of war, changes in fort's zone of control, and permanent claims||2015-11-05|
|13||Threaten war and grants cores, claims and provinces||New diplomatic actions for threatening war and granting land to subjects||2015-11-12|
|14||New free features||Colonial trade goods, Cultural unions, Multiplayer changes and Achievement browser||2015-11-19|
|15||Random New World II||Random New World, Provinces and Scenarios, Dynamic Trade Nodes, Dynamic Naming||2015-11-26|