So, editing a Country article for the latest version (1.1.3). 1.1.3 as a value is considered outdated, though. Am I misunderstanding what value I should be using? Sood (talk) 19:01, 28 August 2013 (CEST)
- "Vanilla" is the value you should be using; usually so little (compared to the wiki content) changes between individual patches that marking pages as outdated based on the patch number alone would defeat its purpose. Instead version is based on expansion (or currently the lack thereof: Vanilla (as opposed to Pre-release). ~ Meneth (talk) 19:04, 28 August 2013 (CEST)
The template page is outdated
The template article is considered outdated. I assume that someone forget to add "<nowiki>"</nowiki> somewhere.
- It just shows the default in the top right. If you look at the bottom of the page, it isn't in the Outdated category. Also, make sure to sign Talk namespace edits with four tildes (~). ~ Meneth (talk) 15:52, 24 September 2013 (CEST)
"Its" not "It's"
There's a grammatical error in the template. Instead of reading "It's status was last updated for" it should read "Its status was last updated for"; "its" is the possessive, "it's" is a contraction of "it is" or "it has". 188.8.131.52 15:14, 28 September 2013 (CEST)
- Done. I've also made the protection non-cascading, so you'll be able to edit the template now. ~ Meneth (talk) 09:25, 23 October 2014 (CEST)
there are many short pages, especially country pages, that don't have any content that is affected by patches. Perhaps we should expand the template with a new parameter for these pages that nobody has to
update them manually anymore change the version number manually with every new patch. – Lillebror (talk) 10:43, 24 April 2018 (CEST)
- I think this is a good idea. Deployment will need considering however. Dauth (talk) 18:57, 24 April 2018 (CEST)
- If we are discussing country pages which are there only due to their unique NIs then I actually prefer the route of turning them into redirects. Unique NIs are not that unique at this point and all other data already exists in related articles [including links to the NIs]. ~ SolSys (talk) 19:38, 24 April 2018 (CEST)
"This image is outdated"
I made a change to the template at User:Hairy Dude/Template:Version that changes "article" to "image" in File namespace. I've tested it in file namespace and it works as intended. @Meneth: Since it's a high-volume template I thought I'd point you to the test template before boldly updating the real one. Hairy Dude (talk) 14:44, 26 June 2018 (CEST)