B - This article is considered a B-class article on the wiki quality scale
- The information on Ragusa being a Hungarian vassal in 1444 can easily be found from multiple source including Wikipeda
- Ragusa not using the correct flag is also easy to find on Wikipedia and other sources.
I personally mentioned the inaccurate flag earlier in the Pox forums, which is the Hungarian Árpád-striped one, which would basically be more historically accurate for almost the whole game time as representation for Hungary itself. A developer responded that he/they liked the flag for Ragusa better and to avoid the tiny minor being mistaken for Hungary it was decided for Hungary to use the current, modern coat of arms. (Imagine if Germany or the HRE wouldn't be allowed to use their eagle because Aachen also having one)
This means the story of the inaccuracy of Ragusa and Hungary flags are connected. The proper flag for Ragusa would be this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Dubrovnik
I added this discussion topic to explain the reason behind my recent edit in the page itself where I added the mention of the vassalage to Hungary and the inaccurate flag, hoping they won't be removed based on the historical accuracy of it.
--184.108.40.206 09:22, 25 August 2015 (CEST)
- The point of the wiki really is for the game rather than getting each aspect 100% historically accurate, which the game isn't. We've recently removed a politically charged statement on the Catalonia page, as long at it remains neutral and doesn't become a source of arguments or edit wars I don't think its too much of a problem, other moderators may have their own thoughts on this. Dauth (talk) 09:59, 25 August 2015 (CEST)
- I understand that, and is the reason why I just barely mentioned the issue, as I noticed that many realms have some historical background on them added on their page, and the fact that Ragusa is supposed to be a vassal in 1444 and have a different flag is fairly important (due to it affecting the whole situation in Balkans and central Europe). Developers changed their mind previously on other issues already, so just keeping it here to be taken notice may also help getting it fixed. --220.127.116.11 10:54, 25 August 2015 (CEST)
- If you can prove its out an out wrong then submit a bug report/suggestion to Paradox, they're still actively maintaining the game. While the wikis are hosted by Paradox, the contributors are all volunteers and we don't get to influence things directly. Also thanks for the work on other articles. Dauth (talk) 11:23, 25 August 2015 (CEST)
- You're welcome, and as for the bug report, I already did that 3 times for EU3 and once for EU4 so I gave up on it. --18.104.22.168 12:53, 25 August 2015 (CEST)