Talk:Monarch power

From Europa Universalis 4 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

A - This article is considered an A-class article on the wiki quality scale

Random rulers[edit]

Tested using Shawnee's extremely old ruler dying almost immediately in the 1508 scenario. Went through 38 random leaders for 114 data points.

Power level Count
0 9
1 9
2 17
3 27
4 26
5 16
6 10

--Evil4Zerggin (talk) 21:48, 17 August 2013 (CEST)

Looks approximately like 50% chance of 3 or 4, 30% chance of 2 or 5, and 20% chance of 0, 1, or 6. More data points are needed to say for certain though. ~ Meneth (talk) 22:42, 17 August 2013 (CEST)

More testing: When generating a new ruler via event, it appears to be a uniform (1d7-1) distribution instead. For regular rulers I used a modded high heir chance + 1 day MTTH heir killing event. 96 heirs produced

Power level Count Expected from 2d4-2
0 21 18
1 31 36
2 52 54
3 60 72
4 73 54
5 31 36
6 20 18

Mean is 3.0625. Lots of 4s but still appears plausible that it's 2d4-2, though it could also be something a little different.

--Evil4Zerggin (talk) 10:16, 1 December 2013 (CET)

Regency councils: appear to have lower skill than monarchs. 96 regency councils:

Power level Count Expected from 2d4-3
0 52 54
1 61 54
2 66 72
3 64 54
4 31 36
5 14 18
6 0 0

Again more 3s than would be expected from 2d4-3. Perhaps a subtly different distribution than 2d4-X? Still, seems plausible that it's a straight shift of -1.

--Evil4Zerggin (talk) 20:45, 1 December 2013 (CET)

Rivals[edit]

How much does it cost to select a rival since patch 1.6? Still 10 DIP points as before? Skylofter (talk) 00:47, 28 June 2014 (CEST)

I think it might be free now, but I'm not 100% sure. ~ Meneth (talk) 00:57, 28 June 2014 (CEST)

Military power[edit]

I'm looking for information on another kind of military power. I'm trying to diplovassal, but I lack sufficient military power: http://imgur.com/acWZTbR.

I'm not sure the game ever explains what that actually means. If someone manages to find out, this will redirect to a disambiguation page instead. ~ Meneth (talk) 10:38, 12 September 2013 (CEST)