B - This article is considered a B-class article on the wiki quality scale
Why the government type in Manchu is Empire?!?! As I know it is a HRE government type only. Also, in the files the Manchu government is Despotic Monarchy:
government = despotic_monarchy# aristocracy_plutocracy = -5# centralization_decentralization = 3# innovative_narrowminded = 2# mercantilism = 0.1# offensive_defensive = -2# land_naval = -2# quality_quantity = 3# serfdom_freesubjects = -5# primary_culture = manchu religion = confucianism technology_group = chinese capital = 725 # Hinggan
Wrongovernmentype, 22:25, UTC, 11 Aug, 2013
- No, this shows them as "Empire" beacuse they are eastern country, but actualy they are Despotic Monarchy. You can't write that they are "Empire" like that in muslim country you can't write Ottomans as "Sultunate", beacuse they can be Despotic, Feudal , Adm Monarchy and etc. This is already known from EU3 and it is very confusing. --Wrongovernmentype (talk) 09:50, 11 August 2013 (CEST)
Redirect from "China"
While I understand that when you enact the "Form Chinese Nation" as Ming you become Manchu, making Manchu the "China" of EU4, I suggest creating a "China (disambiguation)" page, linking to both Manchu and Ming. (Dutchling (talk) 14:37, 24 September 2013 (CEST))
Haixi instantly gets an alliance with Korea
since it always starts with positive relations with korea and friendly attitude (1444).. which makes harder to form manchu with other nations of the region
- Korea began as a rival in my best attempt as Haixi, so not necessarily true. Though there is a high likelihood as Korea almost always rivals Jianzhou and Haixi does as well.
Repair of Great wall needs to be moved
I checked the game files and confirmed in game that while Forbidden Palace is still tied to the Manchu and Ming tag, the great wall decision is now tied to the MNG and QNG tag. Therefore that decision needs to be moved over to the qing article as soon as possible.
- This was changed with patch 1.9. I’ve updated the decisions section for 1.9. – Lillebror (talk) 08:40, 20 February 2015 (CET)
Below is a a description of rewrites, where the page has been tagged delete the comments not needed and add in any special instructions.
- Use of you/your: Please change to third person
- Use of slang/ internet speak: Please correct to full English sentences
- Prescriptive instructions: Make more generic
- Excessive use of bold/capitals: Use italics instead for emphasis, if emphasis is not needed then remove is
- List: Reformat into prose (a listed ideas section is acceptable)
- Absence of links: Links missing or replaced by bold or italics which do not function
- Poor sectioning: Article should be broken up into easy to understand sections
Version specific strategy: Update to fit current version or delete
- Okay, I think I updated everything I could, including correcting the decisions and missions, reformatting the events page, and rewriting a large portion of the strategy guide to correct for the above issues as well as the updates to Tengri and Steppe Nomads.
- Questions: Should I remove the country flags from the text blocks? i think it breaks them up nicely to make it easier to read, but I wasn't consistent with it because I think that would be too much. What do you think?
- Should I remove the Advance to the Black River Mission, as it still exists but can no longer fire due to Deren province being owned by Yeren at game start?
- Please let me know if I need to fix anything else.
- Great job! You certainly don't need to remove the flags. Such things graphics in the text would be not acceptable on Wikipedia, but on fun wiki they suit nicely. About the mission, it should stay if it is in game files – there is already a note included that it cannot be taken. You can update it to 1.14, so no section problems would occure in the article. Oh, and it is a common practice to put your signature after the text instead in the beginning, so it would mark the end of your post. Puchacz (talk) 08:10, 4 December 2015 (CET)
- Updated for 1.15 to reference the fact that the Form Manchu decision does not change state religion, but Form Qing does, as well as the changes to AI alliances during war (they won't do this anymore), and the changes to Razing and the Tribes estate. Also added Blood for the Sky God reference as Manchu is one of the best choices for this achievement now. Cragspyder (talk) 20:47, 31 January 2016 (CET)
- Updated for 1.16. Only a few minor changes, mostly about Espionage and the Razing unrest boost. Cragspyder (talk) 08:48, 7 April 2016 (CEST)
Why has the strategy for Manchu been deleted? And why has so many others also been removed from the wiki recently - within the last six months or so? 22.214.171.124 20:05, 12 June 2018 (CEST)