Talk:Lists of provinces
List - This article is considered a List-class article on the wiki quality scale
- 1 List generator
- 2 Yamato should be double checked
- 3 Muskogee and Yamasee's numbers need to be swapped
- 4 Needs updating - anyone have a parser?
- 5 1.8 update, where is South Georgia?
- 6 random new world
- 7 Flags and other icons.
- 8 Development values out of date
- 9 Some area names out of date
- 10 Updated to 1.16
- 11 Updated the lists to 1.18
- 12 1.19/1.20
This list is generated using this tool (credit goes to Silver Wizard. As such there's no point making manual changes to it as they'll be overridden the next time the page is updated. ~ Meneth (talk) 16:41, 29 January 2015 (CET)
- Right now it seems it only works on Linux due to requiring that one run a shell script first. Silver Wizard has said he'll rerun it though. ~ Meneth (talk) 17:43, 28 February 2015 (CET)
Yamato should be double checked
I was trying to set missionary progress in Yamato and found that I needed to use province ID 1832, not 1833. 220.127.116.11 06:42, 15 February 2014 (CET)
Muskogee and Yamasee's numbers need to be swapped
929 affects Yamasee. 930 affects Muskogee.
Needs updating - anyone have a parser?
Anyone have a parser for this?
- Seeing the other comments on this page and the history of the provinces page: NO. I am currently considering writing one, though. --Silver Wizard (talk) 17:34, 1 November 2014 (CET)
- I have written a script to generate a replacement table. It isn't finished yet, but the current results/issues are here: http://www.eu4wiki.com/User:Silver_Wizard/Sandbox. --Silver Wizard (talk) 02:31, 2 November 2014 (CET)
- Looks good, though takes forever to render when logged in. Will have to consider whether that can be alleviated somehow.
- Did you end up building it ontop of my parser? If so, feel free to make a pull request so that it can be merged into the parser itself so that anyone can update it in the future if needed.
- I'm giving you 10 tickets for updating the list. Great work. ~ Meneth (talk) 13:12, 3 November 2014 (CET)
1.8 update, where is South Georgia?
It seems like province number 2025 has disappeared in the new version, can anybody confirm this? If so, how to deal with it in this list? Just leave it out? --Silver Wizard (talk) 20:14, 1 November 2014 (CET)
- Looks like it is gone, yeah. Simply leave it out, I think. ~ Meneth (talk) 20:16, 1 November 2014 (CET)
- So a single province has its localisation in a different file and that's why I couldn't find it, great job Paradox... I'll add it back in. Oh, and while we're at it, there are a couple provinces with IDs 179* that also seem to be missing. I can't find history files for these, though the localisation is still there. So if these have history files in a different directory or something, please do tell. --Silver Wizard (talk) 16:18, 3 November 2014 (CET)
random new world
province IDs don't match with the list here in the randomized new world 08:41, 22 January 2015 (CET)
Flags and other icons.
The flags and icons have been removed by Meneth on my request. The list is computer-generated by a script I wrote. Once I have a little time next weekend I'll add the flags+icons to the script. I had them removed temporarily because the page slows down when thousands of templates are used. My script-written version will do the template-expansion itself, thereby not impacting performance too much. --Silver Wizard (talk) 21:10, 16 June 2015 (CEST)
- Given that this page will become image heavy and take a long time to load is it worth splitting the list across continents or something similar? Dauth (talk) 00:10, 17 June 2015 (CEST)
- Images in and of themselves don't cause much load. The issue was accessing them via template. The template is pretty fast, but accessing it a couple thousand times is still very slow. ~ Meneth (talk) 00:13, 17 June 2015 (CEST)
- The region pages are split up by continent (roughly). The nice thing about this list is that it has all provinces. So you can look op provinces by, say, province number. --Silver Wizard (talk) 00:30, 17 June 2015 (CEST)
Development values out of date
There are provinces on the list, e.g. Skåne and Paris, with listed development values that are wrong. The script should be re-run, and possibly bug-checked to make sure it's getting the correct values. AlienPlanDelta (talk) 19:59, 24 January 2016 (CET)
Some area names out of date
Tripuran is now North Bengal. I may spot some other examples later. Does this mean the list is still out of date? I presume there's still no point in me making any manual corrections. --SeemsRidiculous (talk) 16:26, 18 March 2016 (CET)
Updated to 1.16
I just updated this page to 1.16, all values should now be correct once more. Updating the script to 1.16 resulted in 3 bug reports submitted to pdox (overlapping regions, missing localisation, and unbalanced parentheses). Thanks in advance to Lillebror for spotting and fixing the minor error I am certain must still be in the list somewhere. --Silver Wizard (talk) 02:32, 7 April 2016 (CEST)
Updated the lists to 1.18
Paradox seems to have changed the way the localisation works a bit. Was relatively easy to fix. Since there aren't new province-related values (that I know of at least), the lists should be fine now, methinks. --Silver Wizard (talk) 23:04, 11 October 2016 (CEST)
Would be helpful to get this updated for 1.19; I'm not sure if the parser works on Windows. Also, I guess gotta be prepared for 1.20 as Asia will change a lot. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Zephyrum (talk) 00:24, 2 February 2017 (CET)