- +15% Morale of armies
- +1 Artillery fire
- +2 Yearly papal influence
- Can fabricate claims on any overseas province, provided it is overseas for its owner
- +1 Colonist
- +25% Naval force limit modifier
A Spanish Armada
- +10% Heavy ship combat ability
- +1 Naval leader maneuver
Casa de Contratación
- +15% Global tariffs
- −33% Envoy travel time
Rein in the Cortes
- +1 Diplomatic possible policies
Siglo De Oro
- +1 Yearly prestige
- +5% Discipline
Spain is a formable nation that can be formed by any nation in the Iberian culture group, with the exception of Granada, who may form Andalusia instead.
Global expansion in newly discovered areas and the establishment of colonies is transforming Spain into one of the most powerful and wealthiest nations of our time. Spanish explorers are constantly moving into new lands and extending our borders. Immense amounts of gold and silver are being brought back to our motherland, filling the coffers of our state Treasury.
Form Spanish Nation Militarily
- Spain does not exist.
- Has an administrative technology of at least level 10.
- Is not a subject nation.
- Is not at war.
- Is not a nomad nation.
- A Muslim nation does not own a province in Iberia region.
- Owns the core provinces: Barcelona (213), Zaragoza (214), Valladolid (215), Salamanca (216), Sevilla (224), Toledo (219), València (220) and Granada (223).
- Change country to Spain.
- If duchy, set government rank to Kingdom.
- If a member of the HRE and not an elector / emperor, all own provinces are removed from the HRE.
- Gain a permanent claim on all not owned provinces of Iberia region, except the areas of: Alentejo, Beira, Macaronesia.
- Gain 25 prestige
- Set country flag “formed_spain_flag”
- Gain “Increased Centralization” modifier for 20 years:
- −0.05 Monthly autonomy change
- +1 National unrest
Global expansion in newly discovered areas and the establishment of colonies is transforming Spain into one of the most powerful and wealthiest nations of our time. Spanish explorers are constantly moving into new lands and extending our borders. Immense amounts of gold and silver are being brought back to our motherland, filling the coffers of our state treasury.
Form Spanish Nation Diplomatically
All orange provinces must be owned and cored to form Spain. Forming Spain grants permanent claims on the shaded area.
- Main article: Spanish missions
Spain's missions focus on completing the Reconquista, projecting power into Italy and the Holy Roman Empire as well as expanding into the New World and the East Indies.
- Main article: Spanish events
If both Spain and France own provinces in Italy between 1490 and 1590, they are able to claim each other's lands, reflecting the Italian Wars that consumed the attention of these two rivals in this period. This event type will lead to worsened relations between the nations and a greater likelihood of war.
The The Spanish State Bankruptcy events have returned, but only as flavor events if Spain actually goes bankrupt.
Institute the Societas Jesu
His Holiness has approved a new missionary order called the Society of Jesus. However without royal support it will not thrive, shall we support the Jesuits?
- is Catholic.
- is Portugal or Spain.
- does not have the modifier “The Societas Jesu”.
- does not have the modifier “Jesuits Expelled”".
The country gets the modifier “The Societas Jesu” until the country:
with the following effects:
- +1% missionary strength,
- +0.5 yearly papal influence.
Catholicism loses 2% reform desire.
Complete the Spanish Mission Tree.
As Spain have Mexico, Panama, Havana, Cuzco in colonial Nations under you.
Discover the Americas as Castile or Spain.
Become the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire as Spain.
|Nomadic technology group
|Mesoamerican technology group
|South American technology group