- +20% Galley combat ability
- +20% Privateer efficiency
- +10% Trade efficiency
- +25% National sailors modifier
- −20% Galley cost
- +1 Naval combat bonus off owned coast
- +1 Diplomatic reputation
- +20% Fort defense
- −25% Unjustified demands
- +1 Military possible policies
- +0.01 Monthly Captains influence
- +1 Yearly legitimacy
- +0.5 Yearly republican tradition
All countries that own their core province Salé (4563) can get the event to play as or release Salé as a march.
The Republic of Salé
They have settled in Salé, where they have abandoned their former lives and adopted a new profession; high seas piracy. Joined by a host of piratical slavers, the newly formed Republic of Salé is led by the Dutch pirate Jan Janszoon, now calling himself by his Muslim name Murat Reis.
We should take these ambitious refugees under our wing. After all, the enemy of our enemy is our friend.
|Available only with the Golden Century DLC enabled.|
Salé does not exist.
Privateers have at least 5% trade power in the trade node of Salé (4563).
|Mean time to happen
Enabled if: the country is controlled by a human player.
A pirate's life for me!
The human player plays as Salé.
Let us make friends of these pirates.
- Main article: Pirate missions