Release date / Patch
Store: Content Pack
Store: Music Pack
The Res Publica expansion DLC was announced on 2014-06-17. It was released on 2014-07-16 alongside Patch 1.7. It introduced new systems of governance and trade to the game, including an all-new government type and several new Idea Groups for ambitious strategists to explore.
- Unique mechanic for Dutch Republics, balancing the Orangists vs the Statists.
- Dictatorships are now special cases in a Republic when tradition goes too low, and can then last the rest of that rulers life.
- Merchant Republics can now place trading posts in each trade node, to boost their trade power.
- New Diplomatic Action against Elective Monarchies, to support Heirs of own dynasty in that realm, giving power, prestige & legitimacy bonus if they win.
- New action for Elective Monarchy to support their own noble for the throne.
- Lots of new events for Dutch Republics, Merchant Republic Factions, Elective Monarchies & Dictatorships.
- National Focus: Change monarch power priorities, improving one aspect on the expense of the other two. (Note: also in Common Sense)
- Added 3 new ideagroups. Humanism, Influence & Maritime
- Added lots of new policies connected to the new Idea groups.
- New faction system for Merchant Republics
- Overextension over 100% now increases revolt size by multiplying with OE.
- Removed monarch powers penalties for all technology groups.
- Bonuses for nations ahead of time in diplomatic and administrative technologies.
- Increased neighbor technology bonus.
- Truce length now scales
- Main article: Developer diaries
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|1||Merchant Republics / National Focus||New governmental mechanics||2014-06-26|
|2||Dutch Republic & Ideas||Dutch factions added & 3 new ideagroups||2014-07-03|
|3||Elective Monarchy & Rivals||Elective Monarchy explained & changes to rival mechanics||2014-07-10|
- Forum, Paradox Unveils New Europa Universalis IV Mini Expansion to the Public, 2014-06-17
- Forum, 1.7 Update & Res Publica Released - Checksum f2a1, 2014-07-16