|Please help with verifying or updating this infobox. It was last verified for version 1.33.|
- −1% Prestige decay
- +2 Tolerance of heathens
- −10% Advisor cost
- −10% Cavalry cost
- −1 National unrest
- +10% Trade efficiency
- +1 Land leader maneuver
- +25% Religious unity
- +25% Land force limit modifier
- +20% Fort defense
- For the area, see Perm (area).
Perm is a country located in Russia (region), bordering Western Siberia. It is also the primary nation of the Uralic culture. In the 1444 start, Perm is a vassal of Muscovy. Russia annexes Perm in April 1505.
Missions[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Russian Principalities missions
Starting Position[edit | edit source]
- Ruler: 6/4/5 monarch power 21 years old with random trait
- Heir: 6/5/5 monarch power 24 years old with random trait
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Perm is a challenging nation. There are many possible way of gaining your independence, but here is the one requiring less luck:
Before unpausing[edit | edit source]
- Give Estates Privileges, especially those that give +1 monarch power.
- Set National Focus on Administrative for Expansion Ideas and the Independence War (costs 3 Stability).
- Disband armies (they're a drain of money and won't help much in securing alliances).
- Manage Attitude set to Hostile with Muscovy.
- Build spy network on Muscovy and claim nearby provinces (An event can either grant a claimed province or increase Liberty Desire by 15%) (setting Hostile Trading Policy in the Kazan Trade Node can speed up the process).
- Convert provinces to increase (start in capital state).
Vassal Phase and Independence War[edit | edit source]
Muscovy seems to always attack Novgorod around mid-1446 if the latter hasn't secured good alliances. Denmark tends to invade Novgorod soon after, putting them in range of Muscovy, making them a potential independence supporter.
Best Independence supporters are naturally the rivals of Muscovy. Lithuania starts as a rival, but often ends in a Personal Union with Poland. Also Novgorod is also a game start rival, but are unlikely to help as they have a core in Perm and tend to get partitioned between Muscovy and Denmark.
Other potential supporters include Poland, after the Personal Union with Lithuania and Denmark. Even if they cannot support independence because of the "too many diplomatic relations" malus, once they annex their respective vassal of Mazovia and Holstein, it will free a diplomatic slot for independence support.
Use the Macrobuilder -> Diplomacy -> Alliance actions -> Support Independence to easily check for other potential independence supporter.
Spawn Renaissance in Kudymkar or Ust-Vym (lower development cost there due to not having the Arctic terrain modifier) with development edict, high Burgers loyalty and Icon of Christ Pantocrator (if possible). Doing so while vassal even with the development penalty is worthwhile to trigger an early Golden Era and getting the Higher Developed Colonies Ability.
- Look out for the eventual war with Kazan, recruit single infantry and be first besieging to province of Perm.
- Use the "indebted to the Burgers" privilege and cycle it when there is an possible upgrade with the loan size (more than 20-30%). Get normal loans, pay the remaining estate loans, re-take the privilege.
- Never accept royal marriage with Muscovy.
- Disinherit low stat heirs.
- When income is high enough to pay for advisors - get them (until colonization is possible).
- Scornfully insult rivals of independence supporters for opinion boost.
During Independence War:
- Tell a supporter to focus on Muscovy's capital, Moskva.
- Build some units to siege provinces.
- Let supporters fight Muscovy.
Note that taking land from Muscovy will cause a loss of trust with supporters (which will cause them to break the alliance after the war), unless they also get some Muscovite land. Therefore, a quick Independence War might be preferable to maintain alliances with supporters.
Staying (temporarily) as a Vassal with High Liberty Desire[edit | edit source]
Becoming a March is impossible due to Perm bordering colonizable territory and not bordering a Rival.
It will be necessary to stay above 50% Liberty Desire to prevent annexation from resuming (requires 2 strong supporters). It is also possible that Muscovy pauses the annexation process. As long as the Annexation process is paused, Muscovy has 1 less Diplomat thus greatly limiting their diplomatic actions.
When time to vassalize (11 November 1454) arrives, Muscovy will Placate Rulers on Perm (costing their Prestige, reducing their Morale) and Improve Relations with a Diplomat, even going into negative Prestige, thus keeping Muscovy with low Prestige. Muscovy may place relative on throne.
- Increase development by expanding with colonization (Higher Developed Colonies Ability increases the development by 3 per fully colonized province, and by extension, the total cost of annexation).
- Keep Diplomatic tech high (+5% Liberty Desire per level ahead of overlord, and Muscovy will have to spend Diplomatic points thus slowing annexation).
- Slowly train the army to limit +3 or to limit and free company (if no Army professionalism).
After Independence War[edit | edit source]
After the independence war, it can be treated like another campaign as Muscovy or Novgorod. Focus on getting the colonies in time, focus on colonial nation and chose vital interests on any required bordering province from Native/Colonizers - eventually the colonial nation will be strong enough to handle it own wars.
Expansion is easy in later eras (Absolutism/Revolutions) - Sweden can be annexed in 2 wars, Denmark in 2 (if not integrated somehow Sweden). Prioritize getting possible nations to release and to reconquest ( Norway, Sweden if annexed, Finland), do not expand aimlessly out of the required provinces, be opportunistic if a opm with large cores is next to you diplo/war annex it and reconquest - then based on diplomatic point situation - annex or keep it as march.
- May become Tributary of Uzbek for protection (and conquering Kazan if they are also their tributary)
- Remove Hostile Attitude towards Muscovy if uninterested in joining offensive wars against the former overlord.
- Steal maps from the hordes when possible.
Optional Side Objective: Become Tengri[edit | edit source]
- Why ?
- How ?
Becoming Tengri is done through Zealot rebels (send a Missionary on a Tengri province and reduces their Maintenance to 0). Note that Zealots rebels does not form immediately (appears next month). Requires dominant Tengri religion (must control more than half of development, therefore either no conversion to orthodox, or develop a Tengri province for spawing Renaissance institution, best province is Kudymkar), otherwise the rebels will not change the state religion. Therefore it is better to spawn the rebels after independence, as Muscovy will deal with them. Can speed up rebellion by granting the clergy privilege Enforced Unity of Faith and reducing autonomy (minimum autonomy required is obtained through low crownland share). After becoming Tengri, must wait for death of the ruler to syncretise with orthodox.
Great Perm Achievement Tips[edit | edit source]
- Take Exploration as second idea (necessary to explore the Pacific Sea to reach Alaska, more settlers, bigger fleet).
- May move capital closer to Pacific Coast for faster colonization of America (reduces travel time of colonists, from about 1 year and half to 4 months). This will cause a huge increase in state maintenance, and remove Trade Companies in Asia. May revert once there is no more land to colonize.
- Colonize a province in the East Indies region to take the decision Found Indian Trade Company (Require Capital in Europe and Global Trade Institution).
- Culture shift to a russian culture to better benefit from russian provinces, but do not take the decision to form Russia or it will prevent the achievement, therefore do not concentrate development in order to become an empire.
- Influence Ideas can helps with reduced Envoy travel time and reduced Liberty Desire.
- Achievement allows the use of vassals.
- A strong navy may be required to fight other colonizers, so direct control of coastal provinces is recommended for high Naval Force Limit and Sailors.