Patch 1.8.X are all patches beginning with 1.8. There was one 1.8.X patch.
- Main article: Patch 1.8
Patch 1.8.1 was released on the 2014-11-10. It should fix performance problems especially in MP games.
- Naval battles once again contribute warscore to wars.
- AI: Much less willing to end a war if they are fully occupying the enemy warleader and 5 years have not passed.
- Compressed autosaves is now turned off by default.
- Modding: fixed bug where supported_version wasn't saved when uploading a mod to the steam workshop.
- Egypt can no longer be formed by Arabia.
- Celestial Empire and Hordes can no longer get the Peasants' War event.
- Fixed a performance issue caused by AI trying to use certain AoW features when Art of War was not enabled that could cause significant slowdown on some machines.
- Marches can no longer pick rivals or be rivaled.
- Patriots will no longer spawn in nations that would be friendly to them.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't decrease the amount of light ship in army builder if you didnd’t have access to heavy ships yet.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash caused by host and players differing in whether Art of War was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where forming a nation could cause you to lose cores on provinces you had previously gained as cores from other decisions (Qing from Manchu, for example).
- Fixed an exploit where you could add multiple idea groups at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where certain GUI elements could cause major performance slowdown.
- Fixed checksum not calculated correctly for very large save files.
- Memory optimizations, should be about 100mb less now.
- Fixed OOS related to Papacy.
- Fixed OOS related to building all mercenaries.
- Fixed crash when recalling merchants from end nodes.
- Attacking natives now works correctly in new provinces in new provinces added in 1.8.
- You no longer lose all cardinals as soon as you get 8 cardinals.
- Fixed "distant borders" penalty bug after creating a new country and changing your country tag.
- Fixed naval supply range not being updated when coring a province.
- Fixed a bug where papal actions would not work correctly for non-monarchies due to other actions not being available.
- Fixed problem with saving large saves (fixes Ironman save problems reported on forum).
- Fixed crash sometimes occurring at start of independence wars.
- Fixed an OOS related to automated fleet transport.
- Fixed a bug where 'kill' console command was available in ironman.