For Muslim Sumatran countries.
- +10% Production efficiency
- +15% Trade range
Reliance on Trade
- +10% Trade efficiency
Porch of Mecca
- +2% Missionary strength
- +10% Light ship combat ability
- +15% Privateer efficiency
Center of Scholarship
- −15% Advisor costs
Merchants of the Indian Ocean
- +1 Merchant
Legacy of Srivijaya
- +1 Yearly prestige
Rule of the Sea
- +25% Naval force limit modifier
- +20% Fort defense
Palembang is a small two-province monarchy situated near the southern tip of Sumatra in the East Indies. They follow the Shafi'i school of Sunni Islam and are eligible to form Malaya.
As country with a Malay culture Palembang can form Malaya.
Unify all Malayan provinces in the region under one strong ruler.
Playing with normal or historical nations
Malaya does not exist.
If the country is AI-controlled, then it:
- changes to Malaya.
- gains 25 prestige.
- gets a permanent claim on the areas:
- Kutai, Brunei, Kalimantan, Aceh, Riau, Batak, Minangkabau, Lampung, Malaya, and Malacca.
- gets the modifier “Increased Centralization” for 10 years with the following effects:
- −0.05 Monthly autonomy change,
- +1 National unrest.
If the country:
- is a member of the Holy Roman Empire but not an elector or the emperor
- then all its provinces are removed from the HRE.
- is a duchy
- then it becomes a kingdom.
To form Malaya, the player must own all orange provinces and own every province in two of the red, green, or blue region. Forming Malaya grants permanent claims on the shaded area.
Palembang uses the generic set of missions with the regional Asian missions.
Palembang has fallen far from its time as capital of the great Srivijaya empire. The city has been abandoned by the collapsed Majapahit kingdom and for decades has been plagued by Chinese pirates who use the port as a base for their smuggling operations. When Admiral Zheng He weighed anchor in the city during his expeditions, he drove out the pirates and appointed Shi Jinqing to rule the city. But Zheng He and Shi Jinqing are now dead, and the pirates have to begun to gather once again. Left unchecked they will surely attempt to retake seize the city.
Piracy in Palembang
This event happens only once during a campaign.
The Spice Must Flow
Form the nation of Malaya.
|Nomadic technology group
|Mesoamerican technology group
|South American technology group