Release date / Patch
Store: Immersion pack
Expansion features[edit | edit source]
Rewrite history in a new immersion pack focusing on the empires of Africa. New mission trees trace the ambitions of rulers and nations across the continent that gave birth to humanity, and the Jewish faith is given more depth.
- Jewish Religion: The Ethiopian Jews of Beta Israel are included, and Jewish nations can choose from nine religious characteristics to accentuate their national strengths.
- New Missions: 7 big new country mission trees, 5 smaller and 4 regional mission trees for African nations.
- Ajuuraan: Control Indian Ocean trade and bring water to your desert provinces.
- Ethiopia: Ensure religious unity and prestige in the Kingdom of Solomon while unifying the nations of the African Horn. Also adds the noble Ç̌äwa regiments.
- Kilwa: Conquer your neighbors and expand your trade empire through colonization.
- Kongo: Unite the peoples of the Congo River and confront the growing European threat.
- Mali: Halt the decline of West Africa’s greatest medieval empire and reassert control of former vassals.
- Mutapa: Build on the legacy of the founders of Great Zimbabwe and exploit the riches of South Africa to dominate trade.
- Songhai: Develop your provinces and claim the mantles of Mali and Timbuktu as the new rising power.
- 5 smaller Mission Trees 5 smaller Mission trees for different countries and their formables:
- Jolof: With a unique government Reform: "Tribal Confederacy" and 3 unique Estate Privilegs.
- Mossi, formable by the 3 nations Yatenga, Wagadugu and Fada N'gourma who share the same tree. Mossi will have a unique government Reform with unique decisions to reform it more.
- Hausa, formable by the 3 nations Katsina, Kano and Zazzau who share the same tree and can later form Sokoto with 3 new missions around the jihad.
- Oyo, with a unique government Reform: "Feudal Tribe", a unique estate privilege for allowing tributary states and a unique cavalry mercenary company. The province Ife gets a fetishist modifier.
- Adal, with missions and events around the ethiopian-adal wars and the conquering of West Africa.
- 4 New Regional Mission Trees: New Missions for minor powers in Central, East and West Africa, as well as the African Horn.
- New Army Sprites: 4 new army sprites each for Congo, Great Lakes, Southern Africa and Bantu nations.
- Two New Missionary Models: African Coptic and African Fetishist missionary animations added.
- New Music: 12 minutes of new West African themed music, and 12 minutes of new East African themed music.
Free features[edit | edit source]
The free major update includes:
- 52 New monuments (expanded feature from Leviathan expansion).
- Reworked concentrate development.
- Tweaked catholic curia powers.
- Updated technologies to require a fixed set of specific institutions.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Cinematic trailers[edit | edit source]
Dev diaries[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Developer diaries
- Patch 1.33 (France)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|10||1.33.3 France Update Retrospective||Retrospective of patch 1.33||2022-04-12|
|9||1.33.3 France Hotfix||Patch notes of 1.33.3||2022-04-07|
|8||1.33 France Update is now LIVE!||Release of patch 1.33||2022-03-02|
|7||1.33.2 France Open Beta Update||Patch notes of 1.33.2 open beta||2022-02-22|
|6||1.33.1 Open Beta Patch Notes||Patch notes of 1.33.1 open beta||2022-02-11|
|5||No DD today + 1.33 Open Beta feedback update||1.33 open beta feedback||2022-02-08|
|4||1.33 Opt-in Beta Patch now Available on Steam!||Patch notes of 1.33 open beta||2022-02-01|
|3||1.33 Changes + Open Beta||Game balance changes, script debt, and open beta||2022-02-01|
|2||Changes to AI in 1.33||AI improvements and changes to land combat||2022-01-25|
|1||New Year New Dev Diary||Announcement on game balance changes for patch 1.33||2022-01-18|
- Patch 1.32 (Songhai)
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|16||1.32.2 Songhai is now LIVE!||1.32.2 Changelog||2021-11-30|
|15||Reflections and the Future||Post-Origins plans||2021-11-16|
|14||1.32.1 Songhai is now LIVE!||1.32.1 Changelog||2021-11-15|
|13||1.32 Songhai is now LIVE!||Release of 1.32||2021-11-11|
|12||Achievements, Monuments & Balance||New achievements, balance, and performance discussion||2021-11-09|
|11||1.32 Songhai Changelog||Changelog of 1.32||2021-11-04|
|10||The 'Art of Africa' Theory||New unit models for Origins and new advisor icons for Leviathan||2021-11-02|
|9||Judaism & Other African Changes||New mechanics for Judaism and new missions, events and content for sub-Saharan African nations||2021-10-26|
|8.5||Balance Update for the Upcoming Content||Various balance changes regarding content shown in previous developer diaries||2021-10-21|
|8||New Missions: Mutapa and Kilwa||Mission trees and events for Kilwa and Mutapa. New formable nations in Africa and one in the Middle East. New estate privileges for Fetishist, Muslim, and Christian nations||2021-10-19|
|7||New Monuments||The addition of 52 new monuments, with an example for every continent||2021-10-13|
|6||New Missions: Kongo||New mission tree and events for Kongo. Missions and ideas for Adal. Terrain and climate changes for the Horn of Africa. Cawa units and estate changes for Ethiopia.||2021-10-05|
|5||Rebalancing Concentrate Development, Institutions, and More||Changes on how institutions work, balance changes for Catholic Curia powers, concentrate development, favors, migration cooldowns, and a new native tribes reform||2021-09-28|
|4||New Missions: Ajuuraan and Ethiopia||Mission trees, mechanics and events for Ajuuraan and Ethiopia||2021-09-21|
|3.5||EU4, No Mapchanges and Whys||Reasons for the freeze on map changes||2021-09-14|
|3||New Missions: Songhai||Mission tree for Songhai||2021-09-14|
|2||New Missions: Mali||Mission tree for Mali||2021-09-07|
|1||State of the game, metrics and future plans||Metrics, state of the game and roadmap||2021-08-24|
References[edit | edit source]
- Forum: Europa Universalis IV: Origins Immersion Pack Releases on November 11, 2021-10-19.