- For instructions on how to mod, see modding
A mod (short for modification) is an alteration of the game and the objective of modding. Modifications can range from small tweaks to total conversions.
Installation[edit | edit source]
The mod installation folder is:
~\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod\
~/.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod/
~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod/
Never install mods in the Steam directory (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Europa Universalis IV\mod), as mod would not be properly loaded.
Check in the mod description the Europa Universalis IV version compatible with the version of the mod. If needed, rollback to an older patch, using Steam Beta tab.
In case of manual installation, the steps are usually the following (refer to specific mod instructions, if any):
- Remove any existing installation of the mod (mod folder and .mod file). This is very important, as the game loads all files present in mod folder, so old mod files that are no longer present or were renamed in a new version of the mod would conflict.
- Clear your gfx cache, by deleting the folder ~\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\<mod_name>\gfx, if any.
- Extract the downloaded archive, so that the mod folder contains the .mod file and directory of the mod.
- Launch Europa Universalis IV and select the mod in the Mod tab. Note that the mod may have a different name in the launcher than the name of the .mod file.
Mods downloaded and installed via Steam Workshop are saved in
~/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/236850/[Workshop item ID]
Mods lists[edit | edit source]
A complete and up-to-date mods list is available on:
Mods with wiki pages[edit | edit source]
- Wiki pages for modifications are the responsibility of the modification team, not the Paradox wiki team
- All roads lead to Rome
- Ante Bellum
- Basic Mods: Formable Nations
- Beyond Typus
- Doge Shattered Europa
- Europa Universalis IV to Victoria II Converter
- Flavour and Events Expanded
- Extended Vanilla Experience
- Governments Expanded
- Idea Groups Expanded
- Imperium Universalis
- Loot Boxes
- MEIOU and Taxes
- Missions Expanded
- Peratus Balance and Flavor
- Plato's Europa
- Runite's Original Music Mods
- The Idea Variation
- Trade Goods Expanded
- Twelve Vultures
- Veritas Et Fortitudo
- Viking Shattered Earth