- +2 Max promoted cultures
- +1 Missionary
- +5% Discipline
- +10% Global trade power
- −15% Fort maintenance
- +2% Missionary strength
- +1 Yearly papal influence
- +5% Church power
- +10% Production efficiency
- +1 Tolerance of the true faith
- +10% Infantry combat ability
- +20% Manpower in true faith provinces
The Livonian Order is a large Monastic Order based in the Baltics. It lies on the coast of the Baltic sea and borders Teutonic Order to the southwest, Lithuania to the south, Novgorod to the east, and contains Riga as an enclave within its borders. It is a historical friend of the Teutonic Order and Riga.
Missions[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Livonian Order missions
Events[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Livonian Order events
Decisions[edit | edit source]
Reform into Livonia
AI decision factors:
- Base weight: 1
- Base weight * 0 if the following are true:
- None of:
- Owns core province Livland (37)
- None of:
- Owns core province Wenden (4241)
- None of:
- Owns core province Latgalia (273)
- None of:
Reform into Kurland
Please help with verifying or updating this infobox. It was last verified for version 1.33.
The Northern Crusade has long come to an end. Our Crusader identity will soon bring us no more than nothing and maybe one day, it will eventually become a burden... By secularizing the state and reforming it into a duchy which is led by the former Grandmaster and his knights - now the Duke and his vassals - we can rouse the state from decadence and ameliorate our diplomatic situation.
Kurland does not exist.
If the country is AI-controlled then:
Playing with normal or historical nations.
Mitau (1935) is part of a state
If Mitau (1935) is part of the HRE, but its owner is not a member then:
The Livonian Government[edit | edit source]
Taking the Livonian Path as the Livonian Order allows you to get 1 of 15 very Unique Government Reforms.
The 6 Events are : "Administrative Chaos in the Office", "Questions of Warfare", "Livonian Estates demand Privileges", "Little Economical Golden Age", "Religious Debate within Livonia" and "The Role of the Duke".
- The MTTH of "Administrative Chaos in the Office" is reduced by having OE, starting with 30 Months at 25% OE and turning into 0.075 Months at 200% OE.
- The MTTH of "Questions of Warfare" gets cut in half up to 3 times for any of these conditions that are met :
- The MTTH of "Livonian Estates demand Privileges" gets cut in half up to 3 times for every of these events that already happened :
- The MTTH of "Little Economical Golden Age" gets cut in half up to 5 times for any of these conditions that are met :
- Having at least 2 Stability,
- Having completed Economical Ideas,
- Having a Trader/ Treasurer/ Master of Mint of atleast skill 2,
- Having doubled your starting Income,
- Not running a Deficit.
- However the MTTH is doubled up to 2 times if you :
- Note that this event cannot fire if you are Bankrupt or Have at least 10 Loans or Have at least 10 Corruption.
- The MTTH of "Religious Debate within Livonia" gets cut in half up to 2 times for any of these conditions that are met :
- The MTTH of "The Role of the Duke" gets cut in half up to 6 times for any of these conditions that are met :
- Your Ruler is a General,
- You are Defender of the Faith,
- Your Ruler has a Skill of atleast 3 in every category
- Your Ruler has a Skill of atleast 4 in every category
- You have at least 95 Legitimacy
- you have at least 50 Prestige
- Note that this Event cannot fire if you are in any Disaster or are Bankrupt or are at War.
Each Option has 2 effects, the primary one beeing to increase your Focus for the Governments that you will get in the end.
The secondary effects of the Options wont be explained here, as they are not relevant to the Government Building Process.
In the end, after all the Events have fired, you will have different values for your Focus and resulting from this the different Governments will become available for you.
This Event will always have atleast 3 options, the standart "Livonian Monarchy", 1 - 4 special Governments depending on your choices and the Option to pick none.
The exact values needed for every Reform can be found on the Government Reforms - Monarchy, Page.
The Governments can be sorted into 4 different "Tiers", requiring either 3 points of your focus to be matching, or 4/5/6, respectivly.
The Governments that require 3/4/5 points, need them to be put into one Category of the 3 (adm/dip/mil), while the Tier 4 Reforms need them to be spread over 2/3 Categories.
Some Notes :
- The "Livonian Enlightened Monarchy" is the most specific of the Reforms, requiring 2 points to be put into every Category of your Focus. Going for this Reform means you wont get any other options besides it and the Standart "Livonian Monarchy"
- You can get the most Options possible by putting 5 points of your Focus into Dip (the last point does not matter). This will unlock the "Livonian States General", "Livonian Admiralty", "Livonian States Council" and "Livonian Elective Monarchy" reforms, aswell as the Standart "Livonian Monarchy".
Strategy[edit | edit source]
You start in a windy corner of Europe hemmed in on 3 sides by some powerful rivals. The Livonian Order is weak early on but if you can get going, your national ideas are extremely powerful.
This may take a few restarts depending on how the AI picks rivals but ally Sweden and Teutonic Order. Build up an army and attack Novgorod. Take a few provinces and money. Build an additional fort on the Lithuanian Border and Diplomatic Annex Riga.
Wait. If Lithuania remains peaceful then don’t provoke them and work on Novgorod. If Lithuania has a bad war going through jump in and take some land. Stay out of Europe as much as possible. Instead roll up Novgorod and then go after Muscovy. Pick an Eastern Ally depending on the specifics of your game. Keep gobbling up Russian Territory. If Lithuania attacks, defend and wait for Sweden to help you out. Aim for White Peaces, you actually want Lithuania as a buffer for later.
For ideas I actually recommend a double Economic start with Trade and Economic followed by Quality and Religious. Keep rolling East and South towards the Crimea. Convert along the way. Your ideas are great for that and you can use your influence to become papal controller.
Once you get going you are basically a strange Russia. If possible you can betray Sweden and take most of Scandinavia. But in general you should focus on heretical nations so you can convert. Later on invade Holy Land.
Expectation wise it's very hard for a Livonian world conquest or mega nation.