JoroDox mod making tool
Confirmed games this works with
- Hearts of Iron 4
- Europa Universalis
- Crusader Kings 2
Currently it still in alpha stage of development, but functional for the features listed below.
It is available for installation on the Chrome Webstore (link available in the support topics mentioned below), and the source code is available on GitHub.
As of version 0.7.0, this is a partial list the features available in the application:
- Convert Collada model files into Paradox 3D asset files. Models and animation files can be created and configured.
- Convert Paradox model files (.mesh) into Collada model files for editing and animation-skeleton reuse
- Display existing Paradox models & animation from game files
- Parse and display data of textual asset files
- Display a zoomable and scrollable province map of the game or mod loaded
Support & compatibility
For more details and support questions, you can visit the EU4 forum topic or the CK2 forum topic. The tool also works for editing some Crusader Kings 2 model files, but only those contained in DLCs since and including the Charlemagne DLC. Models in the CK2 main game and earlier DLCs use the proprietary '.xac / .xsm' format, owned by a 3rd party. The '.mesh' format is owned and developed by Paradox itself. All Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV models can also be loaded, but may require some additional configuration in the tool after import/export.
This tool was created in December 2014 to assist in creating a mod for which the creator wanted to add custom models. After discovering this was not currently possible, he partially reverse engineered the binary .mesh format used in EU4 model and animation files. It was then first shared with the Paradox community in January 2015 on the EU4 User Mods forum, after asking and receiving permission from Paradox to publish the tool.