- Allows recruitment of explorers & conquistadors
- +1 Attrition for enemies
- −1 National unrest
- +15% Reform progress growth
- −20% Shipbuilding time
- +1% Missionary strength
- +1 Yearly papal influence
- +0.25 Monthly fervor
- +10% Church power
- +15% Light ship combat ability
- +5% Discipline
- −10% Construction cost
- −5% Development cost
- −20% Culture conversion cost
- +1 Colonist
Iceland is a formable country in Europe, in the Scandinavia region, although it is located north-west from the British Isles. It is not present in any of the game's historical starts but can be released at any time because it has cores on the provinces of Reykjavik (370) and Akureyri (371).
Embrace Icelandic Identity
Please help with verifying or updating this infobox. It was last verified for version 1.29.
Circumstances have conspired to make our Icelandic holdings the foremost part of our country. Let us embrace this new identity as an Icelandic country and strengthen the local institutions, entrenching our own rule over the island.
Iceland does not exist.
If the country is AI-controlled, then it:
All provinces that are a core province of this country but not owned by this country:
If the country
Every province of the Faroes owned by Iceland
Reykjavik (370) and Akureyri (371) both:
All provinces that:
Scandinavia does not exist.
If AI-controlled further:
- Despite being small and poor, Iceland can still expand to become a mighty empire through the clever use of colonization.
- Iceland is geographically located closer to the Americas than any other European country. Simply build up enough ducats to finance the affair, pick the Exploration idea group, use it (and a Navigator advisor if needed) to reach Greenland, then use that as a springboard to reach Northern Canada. Once in the New World, move your capital to the continent, pick the Expansion idea group to further increase your colonization capability, and you will be well on your way to building a great empire.
- Since you have so little starting development, you can very easily develop a province in the New World and then move your capital there, thus preventing any colonial nations from forming and allowing you to gain direct control of the territory you colonize.
- Watch the ongoing political situation in the British Isles, so as to avoid getting attacked. Given Iceland's meager starting economy and thus lackluster ability to defend itself, it is recommended to enter into an alliance with another stronger country like England or Scotland, to have someone to cover your back while you expand through colonization. Beware, however, of allying a nation that would make enemies out of your neighbors.