- −10% Construction cost
- +10% Cavalry combat ability
- −15% State maintenance
- −10% Development cost
- −5% Land maintenance modifier
- +1 Yearly prestige
Strengthen the Meiertum
- +10% Goods produced modifier
- +1 Diplomatic reputation
- −10% Fire damage received
- +5% Discipline
Hanover is a formable nation in North Germany with its own ideas. Hannover exists in historical starts after 1692.
All countries with Westphalian primary culture can form Hanover.
Now that we control the key provinces of this region, local nobles have no other choice but to accept our leadership. When they fall in line, the united duchy of Hanover will become the leading power of the region.
Hanover does not exist.
If the country is AI-controlled,
- it can not be a former colonial nation.
- it can not be a custom nation.
If Hanover (1758):
- Hanover (1758) leaves the HRE.
- the emperor of the HRE:
- loses 1 imperial authority.
- gets the opinion modifier “Removed provinces from the Empire” towards the country, worth −50 opinion with a yearly decay of 1.
- becomes the capital of the country.
- gains 1 base tax.
- changes to Hanover.
- gets permanent claims on the provinces Oldenburg (55), Osnabrück (56), Brunswick (57), Bremen (1874) and East Frisia (1931) that it does not own.
- gains 25 prestige.
- gets the modifier “Increased Centralization” for 20 years with the following effects:
- −0.05 Monthly autonomy change
- +1 National unrest
- is a duchy
- then it becomes a kingdom.
- does not have custom ideas
The AI will never enact this decision if it is a non-elector HRE member.
Forming Hanover requires owning and coring the orange provinces and gives claims on the green provinces.
The following event can fire for all countries which own the required provinces.
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz was a German philosopher, mathematician and political adviser important, both as a metaphysician and as a logician, and distinguished also for his independent invention of the differential and integral calculus. Born in Leipzig in 1646 he eventually ended up in the service of John Frederick the duke of Braunschweig-Lüneburg.
- This event fires only once.
- Owns one of the provinces:
- Hanover (1758)
- Leipzig (62)
- Altdorf (67)
- Jena (63)
- The year is between 1676 and 1716
- ‘Gottfried Leibniz’ is not currently employed and is not available
|Mean time to happen
Discounted (level 3) Philosopher named ‘Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz’ will be available.
- ↑ The script code of the decision can be found in /Europa Universalis IV/decisions/MiscCountryFormations.txt.
- ↑ The script code of the event can be found in /Europa Universalis IV/events/flavorHAN.txt.