- +15% National tax modifier
- +25% Religious unity
People of the Book
- +3 Tolerance of heathens
- −15% Core-creation cost
Beacon of Learning
- +10% Institution spread
Strait of Gibraltar
- +10% Domestic trade power
- +10% Trade steering
- −10% Construction cost
- +10% National manpower modifier
Successor Caliphate of Cordoba
- +1 Yearly prestige
- −10% Idea cost
Granada is a small four province Muslim nation that starts on the southern coast of the Iberian peninsula as the remnants of the Muslim nations that once ruled most of the region. It is usually quickly conquered by its powerful northern Catholic neighbours as it is required to form Spain.
- Main article: Granadan missions
With Golden Century Granada has an unique set of missions.
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. Granada has fallen to the infidels! The last jewel of al-Andalus, a beacon of learning is now in Castilian hands. As the Islamic world reels from this loss, Moorish refugees flock to the Muslim cities and courts of North Africa and the Middle East, bringing with them knowledge, works by exceptional scholars like Abu al-Walid ibn Rushd, Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi and Abu Bakr ibn Tufail. Inviting these refugees to $COUNTRY$ might provide an enormous boost to our own efforts in the fields of science and culture.
Once all of Iberia was ruled by the glorious Muslim rulers of Andalusia. Let us undo the shameful Christian Reconquista and retake the lands of our ancestors.
If the country is AI-controlled then:
- it can not be a former colonial nation.
- it must have at least 6 cities and must own at least 1 province in Upper or Lower Andalucia.
Andalusia does not exist.
- is not a subject nation other than a tributary state.
- is not at war.
- is not a nomad nation.
- has not a tribal government.
- owns its core provinces: Murcia (221), Granada (223), Sevilla (224), Córdoba (225), Gibraltar (226), Jaén (1748), Cadiz (1749), Almería (222), Albacete (4547) and Huelva (4548).
- owns either its core provinces Algarve (230) and Beja (229) or Alicante (1750) and Xàtiva (4549).
- Córdoba (225) becomes the capital.
- The country changes to Andalusia.
- If is a member of the Holy Roman Empire but not the emperor or an elector:
- then all its provinces are removed from the HRE.
- If is a duchy:
- then it becomes a kingdom.
- Gains 25 prestige.
- Gets the country modifier “Increased Centralization” for 10 years with the following effects:
- −0.05 monthly autonomy change
- +1 national unrest
- If does not have Andalusian as primary culture
- then Andalusian becomes primary culture.
- If has tribal government
- Gets a permanent claim on:
- every not-owned province in Toledo, Upper and Lower Andalucia areas.
- Badajoz (218), València (220), Alicante (1750) and Caceres (1747)
- Set country flag formed_andalusia_flag
- If DLC is active:
- If mission "Rout the Pretenders!" is not completed:
- Complete mission "Rout the Pretenders!"
- If mission "Moroccan Ties" is not completed:
- Complete mission "Moroccan Ties"
- If mission "Liberate Qurtuba" is completed:
- If mission "Seize Trade Dominance" is completed:
- If mission "Restore Faith in the Throne" is completed:
- If the country does not have custom ideas
To form Andalusia, all provinces in orange must be owned and cored, as well as either both green or both red provinces.
Granadan War of Succession
- Main article: Granadan War of Succession
At the default start date 1444 Granada starts with this disaster looming over the country.
As Granada, form Andalusia and reconquer all of Iberia.
|Nomadic technology group
|Mesoamerican technology group
|South American technology group