Europa Universalis 4 Wiki:Contest
- For the full Terms and Conditions of the Paradox Wikis contest please visit here
The wiki will run a contest to celebrate the release of "Emperor" starting on 2020-06-09 at 20:00 CET till 2020-06-18 at 20:00 CET.
- 1 Prizes
- 2 Rules and guidelines
- 3 Earning tickets
- 3.1 Mechanics pages
- 3.2 High value tasks
- 3.3 Old page updates
- 3.4 Page expansion
- 3.5 Content verification
- 3.6 Adding categories
- 3.7 Verify computer generated content
- 3.8 Unrecognized icon strings
- 4 Flag images
- 5 Reporting completion
- 6 Earned tickets
Users can enter the contest by contributing to the wiki during that time span -- with various actions providing different number of tickets.
The three users with the most tickets will each get to pick their product(s) of choice from the Paradox Web Store up to the amount they won:
- 1st place can pick at an amount up to $60 - Won by Grotaclas (344 tickets)
- 2nd place can pick at an amount up to $40 - Won by UserID (296 tickets)
- 3rd place can pick at an amount up to $20 - Won by Capitaine Spock (283 tickets)
Notes: Can be used for any combination of digital goods (regular retail prices) in a single occurrence, does not apply to physical goods, winner's product keys will be delivered by Paradox Wikis moderator SolSys.
Rules and guidelines
- Paradox Wikis administrator SolSys decides whether a raffle ticket has been earned based on the guidelines below.
- Members of the Paradox Wikis team (administrators, moderators, halfops) cannot enter the contest.
- The competition is open for anyone around the world aged 16 or above. Entrants under the age of 18 require parental consent to participate.
- All entrants must register an account on the wiki; anonymous edits are not counted unless they can be clearly connected to a registered user (E.G., in cases where the user was accidentally logged out).
- Any action on the list undertaken between the start and the end of the contest will earn tickets.
- The entrant must have access to the email address they've defined for their account, as prizes will be sent via email. Note that by default the Paradox Account email address is used.
- If you have changed the email address of your Paradox Account since registering on the Paradox Wikis (before the unified account), you should update your email address via the Paradox account settings from the forums. Otherwise, it may take longer than normal for you to receive your prize(s) if you were to win.
- Any vandalism will cause all raffle tickets earned by the entrant to be forfeit.
- Entrants should read the style guidelines in order to ensure their edits are up to the wiki's standards. Edit summaries are encouraged, but not required except where otherwise specified.
- For the full Terms and Conditions of the Paradox Wikis contest please visit here.
- All tickets are provisional until the contest starts and edits made in advance can change the values below
A large variety of tasks will earn you tickets; everything from updating pages, to writing strategies, to modding information, to creating pages on new features. All tasks are listed below.
Anything that involves the creation of a new page or section assumes that the resulting page is rated B or above, and has no resulting ambox requests (
Any task that gives "at minimum" a number of tickets can give more than that number if the quality and/or thoroughness of the writing is higher than expected.
The first three tasks give more tickets the more outdated the page/section/infobox is. The base ticket amount is multiplied according to the following table:
- Important: When updating an article/section/infobox do not remove versioning tags. Instead, set the version number to the updated version. This will make it stop displaying until a newer version is released. The SVersion tags should be present after each tier 2 header.
- Ensure that pages are up to date. See outdated pages for a list of potentially outdated articles. If no changes are necessary for the page to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on its Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per page updated
- Ensure that page sections are up to date. See outdated sections for a list of pages with potentially outdated sections. If no changes are necessary for the section to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 0.25 ticket per section updated.
- Ensure that infoboxes are up to date. See outdated infoboxes for a list of pages with potentially outdated infoboxes. If no changes are necessary for the infobox to be considered up to date, a justification must be written in the edit summary or on the page's Talk page. This gives a base amount of 1 ticket per 10 infoboxes updated.
- Improving an article by such an extent that it is reassessed at a higher level. See Category:Articles by quality for information on how assessment works. This gives at minimum 2 tickets
- Write a page about an important modding concept. This gives at minimum 4 tickets
- Other improvements to the wiki give tickets based on the judgement of the person assigning tickets. Content additions, structure improvements, and grammar improvements are prime examples of contributions that'd fall under this
Mechanics pages are worth more than other pages to update, the changes and rewards are shown below.
|Page||Version||Required changes||Tickets breakdown||Total tickets|
|Economy||1.24||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2||18 for update, 1 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||57|
|Tax||1.24||Update to 1.30||9 for update||27|
|Production||1.24||Update to 1.30||12 for update||36|
|Trade||1.25||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2||15 for update, 4 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||57|
|Development||1.24||Update to 1.30||15 for update||40|
|Colonization||1.23||Update to 1.30||16 for update||63|
|Trade goods||1.22||Update to 1.30||17 for update||51|
|Manpower||1.23||Update to 1.30||14 for update||42|
|Warfare||1.24||Update to 1.30||14 for update||42|
|Army||1.24||Update to 1.30, expand reinforce costs, move all SVersions to tier 2||20 for update, 3 for expansion, 1 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||64|
|Navy||1.24||Update to 1.30||10 for update||30|
|Alliance||1.24||Update to 1.30, update image||16 for update 2 for image||57|
|Casus belli||1.24||Update to 1.30||9 for update||27|
|Claim||1.27||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2||7 for update, 1 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||24|
|Condottieri||1.24||Update to 1.30||8 for update, 1 for adding navbox||27|
|Discipline||1.24||Update to 1.30||9 for update||27|
|Force limit||1.24||Update to 1.30||11 for update||33|
|Land units||1.24||Update to 1.30, update images||11 for update, 5 for images||51|
|Land warfare||1.24||Update to 1.30, add in Naval Barrage||14 for update, 4 for Naval barrage||54|
|Military leader||1.22||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2||14 for update, 4 for moving SVersions to tier 2 headers||54|
|Military tradition||1.24||Update to 1.30, Update image, move all SVersions to tier 2||10 for update, 1 for image, 2 for moving SVersions||39|
|Naval units||1.24||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2||12 for update, 2 for moving SVersions||42|
|Naval warfare||1.25||Update to 1.30||10 for update||30|
|Sailors||1.23||Update to 1.30||16 for update||48|
|War exhaustion||1.24||Update to 1.30||10 for update||30|
|Power projection||1.25||Update to 1.30||7 for update||21|
|Technology||1.24||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2 (except technology list)||15 for update, 2 for moving SVersions||51|
|National ideas||1.29||Update to 1.30||4 for update||12|
|Idea groups||1.24||Update to 1.30||7 for update||21|
|Institutions||1.24||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2||16 for update, 1 for moving SVersions||51|
|Province||1.25||Update to 1.30, Move list of straits to dedicated page, Detail how winters work||10 for update, 2 for straits, 4 for detailing winters||48|
|Core||1.24||Update to 1.30||12 for update||36|
|Ruler||1.25||Update to 1.30, move Heir to tier 2 header||13 for update, 1 for Heir section||42|
|Monarch power||1.28||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2||4 for update, 1 for sversions||15|
|Advisor||1.24||Update to 1.30, update images or remove||7 for update, 1 per updated image||21|
|Government||1.23||Update to 1.30, move all SVersions to tier 2, expand "Reform progress growth"||15 for update, 1 for Sversions, 4 for progress growth||60|
|Monarchy||1.27||Update to 1.30, add new reforms||5 for update, 5 for reforms||30|
|Republic||1.23||Update to 1.30, add new reforms, move all SVersions to tier 2||9 for update, 5 for reforms, 1 for sversions||45|
|Theocracy||1.23||Update to 1.30, add new reforms||5 for update, 5 for reforms||30|
|Tribal government||1.24||Update to 1.30, add new reforms, move all SVersions to tier 2||8 for update, 5 for reforms, 1 for sversions||42|
|Buildings||1.28||Update to 1.30||12 for update||36|
|Religion||1.24||Update to 1.30, add SVersions to all tier 2||12 for update, 2 for Sversions||42|
|Christian denominations||1.23||Update to 1.30, add SVersions to all tier 2||17 for update, 1 for Sversions||54|
|Muslim denominations||1.25||Update to 1.30, add SVersions to all tier 2||9 for update, 1 for Sversions||30|
|Eastern denominations||1.23||Update to 1.30, add SVersions to all tier 2||12 for update, 1 for Sversions||36|
|Pagan denominations||1.23||Update to 1.30, add SVersions to all tier 2||17 for update, 1 for Sversions||54|
|Additional denominations||1.23||Update to 1.30, add SVersions to all tier 2||12 for update, 1 for Sversions||39|
|Crusader Kings II denominations||1.23||Update to 1.30||10 for update||30|
|Culture||1.25||Update to 1.30||12 for update||36|
|Estates||1.22||Update to 1.30, add SVersions to all tier 2, add navbox, add in new mechanics||10 for update, 1 for Sversions, 1 for navbox, 5 for mechanics||51|
|Base estates||1.22||Update to 1.30, add navbox||16 for update 1 for navbox||51|
|Cossacks estates||1.22||Update to 1.30, add navbox||16 for update 1 for navbox||51|
|Dharma estates||1.22||Update to 1.30, add navbox||12 for update 1 for navbox||39|
|Autonomy||1.24||Update to 1.30||12 for update||36|
|Stability||1.24||Update to 1.30||9 for update||27|
|Corruption||1.27||Update to 1.30, add navbox, new image||5 for update, 1 for navbox, 3 for image||27|
|Rebellion||1.23||Update to 1.30, expand harsh treatment costs||15 for update, 5 for harsh treatment||60|
|Disasters||1.29||Update to 1.30||4 for update||12|
|Canal||1.28||Update to 1.30||4 for update||12|
|Capital||1.25||Update to 1.30, move Fixed capitals to tier 2||9 for update, 1 for fixed capitals||30|
|Factions||1.29||Update to 1.30||2 for update||6|
|Overextension||1.23||Update to 1.30, update image||10 for update, 2 for image||36|
|Policies||1.29||Update to 1.30||2 for update||6|
|States and territories||1.21||Update to 1.30, add Sversions to all tier 2 headers, update images||25 for update, 2 for SVersions, 4 for images, quadrupled||124|
|Native council||1.24||Update to 1.30, add navbox||17 for update, 2 for navbox||57|
|Steppe hordes||1.23||Update to 1.30, alter style to match Native council, organise Sversions, add navbox||16 for update, 10 for style, 1 for sversions, 2 for navbox||87|
|Events||~||Detail on mechanisms of triggered and pulse events||20 for mechanisms||60|
|Relations||1.24||Update to 1.30||12 for update||36|
|Diplomacy||1.24||Update to 1.30, Move major diplomatic actions to their own tier 2 header||22 for update, 3 for moving SVersions||75|
|Regions||1.23||Update to 1.30, add navbox||13 for update, 2 for update||45|
|Subject nation||1.21||Update to 1.30, change simple sections to timeless||10 for update, 5 for sections, quadrupled||60|
|Holy Roman Empire||1.28||Update to 1.30, add Sversions to all tier 2 headers, move sversions from tier 3 headers, detail new mechanics||10 for update, 5 for moving SVersions, 10 for mechanics||75|
|Personal union||1.24||Update to 1.30, move formula to math mode||8 for update||24|
|Diplomatic feedback||1.23||Update to 1.30, add SVersions to all tier 2, update images||11 for update, 1 sversions, 1 per image||39|
|Emperor of China||1.28||Update to 1.30, reorganise effects of mandate below TOC, move sversions to tier 2||6 for update, 3 for style fixes||27|
|Envoy||1.24||Update to 1.30||13 for update||39|
|Espionage||1.23||Update to 1.30, move SVerions to tier 2 headers||10 for update, 2 for sversions||36|
|Papacy||1.29||Update to 1.30, detail new mechanics||2 for update, 6 for mechanics||24|
|Prestige||1.23||Update to 1.30||10 for update||30|
|Luck||1.29||Update to 1.30||2 for update||6|
|Nation designer||1.24||Update to 1.30, move SVerions to tier 2 headers, add navbox||13 for update, 2 for sversions, 1 for navbox||48|
|Random New World||1.23||Update to 1.30, add navbox||10 for update, 1 for navbox||33|
|Score system||1.18||Update to 1.30, add navbox||16 for update, quintupled||80|
|Trade company||1.27||Update to 1.30, move sverions to tier 2||7 for update, 1 for sversions||24|
|Personalities||1.29||Update to 1.30, add to mechanics page and add mechanics navbox||2 for update, 2 for mechanics page with description, 1 for navbox||15|
|Trade nodes||1.28||Update to 1.30, add to mechanics page and add mechanics navbox||7 for update, 2 for mechanics page with description, 1 for navbox||30|
|Ages||1.28||Update to 1.30, add to mechanics page and add mechanics navbox||3 for update, 2 for mechanics page with description, 1 for navbox||18|
High value tasks
These tasks are of high importance to the wiki and as such are worth more than their components would be.
- Guides for Parliament modding, Rebel modding, Random new world tile modding, Nation designer modding, Rebel modding, Subject type modding, Particle modding, Shader modding, Empire of China modding, Holy Roman Empire modding, Institution modding, Peace treaty modding, Ages modding 10 tickets each
- Pages for the following events lists Culture and religion events, Holy Order events, Mamluk government events, Russian Principalities events, Russian Tsardom events, Siberian colonization events, Streltsy events, Trade company investment events, Tributary events, Tribal federation events, Propagate religion events, Muslim schools events, Monsoon events, Trade policy events 10 tickets each
Interface updates and controls
- Artificial intelligence - 5
- Controls - 10
- Country interface - 15
- Ingame screen - 15
- Ledger - 10
- Options - 1
- Province interface - 10
- User interface - 10
Build a page listing unit packs. Images are uploaded and stored in Category:Unit_packs.
A number of features are introduced or changed in Patch 1.30. Having info on this is highly important to the wiki, and is thus highly rewarded compared to the effort involved:
|New Missions||10 per set added|
|Defender of Faith||5|
|The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation||5|
Add any missing mechanics from the list above to the mechanics page complete with appropriate icon and description. 5 tickets per mechanic added
Develop a complete mechanics navbox and deploy it to all mechanics pages. Complete with links from any existing mechanics navbox. See the Stellaris Game Concepts navbox or the HOI4 Mechanics navbox for examples.
- New navbox: 10
- Apply Mechanics navbox to all Mechanics page 1 per 5 pages
- Identify any missing mechanics pages from the newly moved navbox and add them 1 per mechanic correctly added.
Old page updates
There are a number of very outdated pages on the wiki. The prizes for updating them are listed below. Note that mechanics pages which are outdated are instead listed above.
|Base estates||8||Confucian events||8|
|Danish events||8||Dharma estates||8|
|Estates events||8||Fetishist events||8|
|French events||8||Incan events||8|
|Women in History events||8|
These images are all outdated, replacing with an up to date version is worth 8 tickets each.
- File:Expenses column.png
- File:HRE authority tooltip.jpg
- File:Institutions province.png
- File:Military leaders.jpg
- File:Rival interface.png
- File:Ruler Personality.png
- File:Settings 1.jpg
- File:State territory.png
Image age identification
Some images do not have a version category. Add an appropriate version for any pages in the following categories. 1 ticket per image given a version category.
- Category:National mission trees
There are several pages on the wiki which have been tagged as needing an expansion. The tickets below do not include bonuses for updating a page so an entrant will be awarded more tickets if they update the page too.
|Army professionalism events||Add missing events||10|
|Culture modding||Country and province modifiers of cultures or culture groups||10|
|Event modding||Default ai chance, when not all options have it specified.||5|
|Faction modding||Custom faction names||5|
|Japanese missions||Add in missing missions||10|
|Korean missions||Add in missing missions||10|
|List_of_decision_lists#Religion||Add in missing decisions||5|
Verifying that content on the wiki is correct is also important. Each page checked and verified is worth 5 tickets. The unverified content is tagged with the
- Add categories to images in Special:UncategorizedFiles
Verify computer generated content
Unrecognized icon strings
Pages in Category:Pages with unrecognized icon strings contain unrecognized icon strings either through typing errors or missing files. 3 Tickets per page corrected.
Some of the flags are low resolution and high resolution (800x533 to 1000x667) ones are desired. This is not the same as stretching the image (see the history of File:Apache.png for an example of what not to do). Each flag uploaded with correct copyright is worth 1 ticket.
- File:East Frisia.png
- File:Rewa Kantha.png
For most of the above, no report of the action is necessary. A descriptive edit summary is enough. Please only contact the overseeing moderator about tickets if you've got any complaints about the # of tickets given, if 72 or more hours after your actions you've yet to receive any tickets, or for the circumstances described below. Questions about anything else are welcome at any time and will be answered as soon as possible.
All earned tickets are be listed below on a per-user basis. There is no need to notify overseeing moderator that one is entering the contest (except for the specific contributions mentioned above); it is assumed everyone wants a chance at winning a prize.
If you believe you have made a significant contribution ("Other significant improvements to the wiki"), or that your ticket-earning contributions have been missed, this can be reported at User talk:SolSys.
Fractional tickets are only used for accounting progress towards an entrant's next ticket.
- When updating content remember to also update the accompanying version tag (do not delete them).
- When updating old articles refer to changes from past patches as well (not just the last one).
|A Yakky Yak||2|