For the region, see Brazil (region).
- +1 Attrition for enemies
- −25% Envoy travel time
- +10% National tax modifier
Research of John of Nassau
- +10% Institution spread
Mines of Minas Gerais
- +0.10 Yearly inflation reduction
Halting Foreign Incursions
- +10% Infantry combat ability
Entradas and Bandeiras
- −15% Core-creation cost
- −10% Stability cost modifier
Seat of the Empire
- +1 Yearly legitimacy
- +10% Goods produced modifier
Brazil is a formable country in South America that is not available at any game start. It has a unique set of national ideas.
Brazil can be formed by any former colonial nation with its capital in the Colonial Brazil region.
The colonial masters who wished to enslave us are gone. It is time to form a truly independent country of our own. From this day forth the watchword of Brazil will be 'Independence or Death!'
Form Brazilian Nation
The game is not using a random New World.
If this country is AI-controlled, it must own at least 3 provinces.
Brazil does not exist.
- changes to Brazil.
- gains a permanent claim on every non-owned province of Colonial Brazil.
- gains 25 prestige.
- gets the modifier “Increased Centralization” for 20 years with the following effects:
- −0.05 monthly autonomy change,
- +1 national unrest.
If the country:
- is a member of the Holy Roman Empire and not an elector or the emperor
- then all its provinces are removed from the HRE.
- is a duchy
- then it becomes a kingdom.
- does not have custom ideas
- ↑ For the script code of the decision see in /Europa Universalis IV/decisions/BrazilNation.txt.