- +10% Cavalry combat ability
- +50% Chance of new heir
- +1 Yearly legitimacy
- +10% Production efficiency
- +1 Yearly prestige
- +3% Missionary strength vs heretics
- +1 Yearly papal influence
- +10% National tax modifier
- +5% Discipline
- −10% Stability cost modifier
- −10% Development cost
Bavaria is a regional power in Central Europe. It starts small and surrounded by a bunch of even smaller neighbours. It has the advantage of Munich – one of the richest cities in central Europe, but it is smack in the middle of the HRE, so Bavaria needs to tread carefully if it wants to expand. Austria is right next door; Bavaria will need friends.
While not the best military power, the economic bonuses and early bumps to legitimacy and prestige mean that Bavaria is in a good position to keep its head above water financially and diplomatically, if it can stay out of trouble. By mid game, if it has all the national ideas and the Imperial Authority bonus is activated, then it can move to become the ultimate underdog story.
- Main article: Bavarian missions
Bavaria's missions center around expanding into their immediate vicinity.
- Main article: Bavarian events