|Please help with verifying or updating this infobox. It was last verified for version 1.33.|
- +15% Morale of armies
- +25% Ship trade power
- −15% Fire damage received
- +100% Vassal force limit contribution
- +3 Tolerance of heathens
- −10% Idea cost
- −0.1% Monthly piety
- +15% National manpower modifier
- −15% Core-creation cost
- +1 Colonist
- +10% Fort defense
- −25% Fort maintenance on border with rival
- +10% Goods produced modifier
- For the region, see Andalusia (region).
Andalusia is a formable country that can be formed by Granada and all Muslim countries with Andalusian/Maghrebi as primary culture.
Missions[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Andalusian missions
With Golden Century Andalusia has a unique set of missions.
Events[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Granadan events
Formation[edit | edit source]
Please help with verifying or updating this infobox. It was last verified for version 1.33.
Once all of Iberia was ruled by the glorious Muslim rulers of Andalusia. Let us undo the shameful Christian Reconquista and retake the lands of our ancestors.
If the country is AI-controlled then it:
Playing with normal or historical nations.
Andalusia does not exist.
If Córdoba (225) is part of the HRE, but its owner is not a member then:
If the 'Golden Century' DLC is active:
AI will always take this decision
Strategy[edit | edit source]
There are three countries best suited to forming Andalusia, each at a different level of difficulty: Castile (culture shifting and converting to Sunni), as Morocco, or as Granada. Forming Andalusia as Castile is the easiest possible method since most of the required provinces are already owned to begin with, but subverts some of the main role-playing appeal of reversing the Reconquista. Starting as Morocco gives you a moderately powerful Sunni country off the bat that can be used to reverse the tide of history and reconquer the former Muslim lands of Spain, while starting as Granada presents the most challenging start and may appeal to some players who would like to start as the last vestige of Islamic Iberia at the beginning of the run (and also grants an achievement).
Forming as Morocco:
- Morocco at the 1444 starting date has 3 vassals in which two of them are rebellious and sus which is one of your vassal has a sheikdom so you can't have a royal marriage with them even if you can easily reduce their liberty desire by enacting the strong duchies from Amirs and can easily reduce their desire by 15% after that you can annex then in 1454 but, keep in mind that you should start improving relations with the Ottomans and France and or maybe Mamluks but you would need their land after all so, it would be better to secure an alliance with the 2 super powers, after that you should declare on Tlemcen as soon as possible so that you would increase you development and increase your amount of loans for the time and it will also help you secure your alliance with ottomans because of your concurrent strength after the war with Tlemcen you would have annexed Tlemcen or taken around 4 to 6 provinces out of them you should continue your expansion to the Iberian peninsula after the annexation of your 3 vassals which will help a lot if can it is very advisable to build galleys then light lastly heavies after you have defeated Castile and Portugal and or Aragon you should be able to form Andalusia one your first idea group you should be able to take a military idea because you'd have some military points left over quantity or defensive are the best for morocco, after that it depends on the person the second idea could be either exploration or religous it depends on your gameplay.
Forming as Granada:
- The Re-Reconquista can be done either by colonizing and building a power base outside of Europe or by using diplomacy in your favor. Both methods use the same starting strategy. It is recommended to restart the run until Morocco and Tunis are friendly towards eachother and Castille has rivalry attitude towards Aragon or France (preferably the latter). After starting the game ally Morocco and Tunis and start fabricating claims on Tlemcen. It is usually a good idea to ask for military access before calling allies to the war since both Morocco and Tunis want land from Tlemcen. While fighting the war let the pretender rebels siege your Iberian provinces and accept demands. Do this before taking land in North Africa, so that the development % controlled by the rebels is enough to accept demands. After this point you want to either take exploration and beat the Iberians in their own game, which will require time. In the meantime you can also betray one of your allies to expand in North Africa (Morocco is a good option if the Vassals are rebellious). If you consider yourself strong enough to take the castillians head on at this point, make use of the mountain forts to drain their manpower and fight the battles in advantageous terrain. Whith the Golden Century DLC, the mission tree gives an exceptional general that can turn the battles in your favour. Castile starts with 32 owned territories, once you bring them below 25 the Iberian Wedding will no longer be possible and you should be on the safe.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
As Granada, form Andalusia and reconquer all of Iberia.
Starting as Mzab, Touggourt or Djerid, reform Al-Andalus.
|Eastern technology group||Bosnia Byzantium Circassia Cyprus Georgia Greece Lithuania Montenegro Muscovy Novgorod Poland Ragusa Russia Serbia Theodoro Trebizond Tver Wallachia|
|Anatolian technology group||Ottomans|
|Muslim technology group||Granada|
|Nomadic technology group|
|Central African technology group||Kuba Mutapa|
|East African technology group||Ethiopia Mogadishu|
|Muslim technology group||Mamluks Morocco Tlemcen Tunis|
|West African technology group||Air Mali|
|Eastern technology group||Jerusalem Karabakh|
|Muslim technology group||Afghanistan Ajam Arabia Ardabil Hisn Kayfa Hormuz Oman Mushasha Timurids Qara Qoyunlu|
|Indian technology group||Assam Bahmanis Bengal Orissa|
|Chinese technology group||Bali Brunei Dai Viet Japan Khmer Korea Majapahit Malaya Pagarruyung Pasai Sunda|
|Nomadic technology group||Jianzhou Uzbek Mongolia|
|Western technology group||United States|
|Mesoamerican technology group||Maya|
|North American technology group||Caddo Cherokee Iroquois|
|Andean technology group||Chachapoya Cusco Muisca|
|South American technology group||Mapuche|
|Polynesian technology group||Aotearoa Hawai'i Ngapuhi Ngati Awa Ngati Kahungunu Ngati Ranginui Ngati Toa Tainui Waitaha|